25. New Members

After they left all the people in shelters, everyone returned to the New Avengers' base except for Clint, who returned to his family, and Bruce who was still missing.

They were all working non-stop to find him, but without making any progress.

The new Avengers' base was upstate near New York's suburbs, away from every housing development.

It was going to be used for scientific research, military training and weapons' development.

Therefore, scientists like Helen Cho and Erik Selvig would work there along with former agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. except for Fury and Maria Hill who would operate on their own.

Vehicles and aircrafts like the Quinjet were also stationed there.

But most importantly it was the Avengers' new home. They would live there, training and preparing for their next fights and missions.

"So, now I guess you're officially an Avenger, right?" Maria said to her niece.
"Yeah, I guess," Andria mattered, thinking about the last weeks.

After Sokovia, Tony had announced her joining the Avengers, but she had chosen to stay away from the spotlight. That way everyone knew her, but no one really knew what she looked like. Besides, Fury had made sure that S.H.I.E.L.D. never had any files on her, so when it got compromised and Natasha exposed everything, Andria managed to stay unknown and her face was still totally unknown to the public.

Andria had also spent time with Wanda, getting to know each other better and helping each other overcome the pain of losing Pietro.

That resulted in their becoming really good friends. Finally, she helped Natasha deal with Bruce's missing, and though Natasha tried pretty hard to put on a tough act, Andria could see right through it.

But now, with Clint retiring and Bruce missing, Thor returning to Asgard and Tony deciding to step out of the Avengers too, though he still helped them financially and with anything they needed, like upgrading their suits and weapons, it was only her, Steve and Natasha left in the team.

However, there were a few people volunteering to become Avengers and so the three had to start working again, getting those people to become a team.

"Nick is waiting for me, so I guess this is another goodbye," Maria said, snapping Andria out of her thoughts.
"I'll be alright."

"I know you will. You're an Avenger!" Maria chuckled and Andria smirked, but hugged her aunt goodbye, just like she had done a few minutes ago with Tony and Thor, who then left with Steve to get out of the base and leave.

Once Maria left to find Fury and leave, Andria got her phone out and opened it.

She had a message from Clint.

It was a photo of his new-born son. He wore a baby-shirt that had his name on it. 'Nathaniel Pietro Barton'.

Clint had given his son Pietro's name as a middle name because of his sacrifice to save Andria.

Andria smiled, seeing the baby.

She knew that there was no way Clint would ever admitt it, but he had Andria like a daughter and that was why he had been so against Pietro after all.

"Hey, how you doing?" She heard Steve's voice and turned to face him.
"Good. You?"
"Ready to start working."
"Thor and Tony left?"
"Yeah. And you know, now that they're not here, just like Clint and Bruce, you are one of the eldest Avengers still in the team. But, I have to ask...you're still in or do you want to take a break from this like the others?"
"Don't you think I'm a bit young for retirement?"
"Too young."
"If you want me in the team, Cap, we should go find Nat and get into work."
"Right this way, then," Steve said and they both went to find Natasha who was waiting for them next to the training room where the new members of the team were.

She was staring at a wall, not noticing their getting in.

"You wanna keep staring at the wall, or do you wanna go to work? I mean it's a pretty interesting wall," Steve said sarcastically and Natasha approached them.

"I thought you and Tony were still gazing into each other's eyes," she said, making Andria laugh.

"How do we look?" She asked, making both Andria and Steve turn towards the training room's close door.

"Well, we're not the '27 Yankees. We got some hitters," Steve said.
"They're good. They're not a team," Andria added.

"Let's beat them into shape," Natasha said and Steve between her and Andria pushed the door open.

Rhodey on his War Machine suit, Vision, Sam Wilson, A.K.A. Falcon, Steve's friend who used to be a United States Air Force Pararescue Airman, but decided to quit after his friend died and started helping Steve during the HYDRA Uprising about one year ago and then kept helping him in his effort to find Bucky Barnes, wearing his suit and Wanda Maximoff, wearing a red leather jacket, similar to the one Pietro had picked for her some weeks ago turned towards the three people in front of them.

Natasha and Andria wearing their catsuits and Steve between them wearing his own suit, looked at them ready to start training them to become the new members of the Avengers' team.

"Avengers..." Steve started and Andria could already see the next months approaching full of hard work and danger.

But each and everyone inside that room knew it would worth it.