draco malfoy : i promise (part two)

Draco closed the door to his room with a sigh, running his hands over his face in exhaustion. "Sorry about them." He said, referring to his parents, to (Y/N).

She rolled her eyes at Draco, "You know your don't have to apologize to me Draco." (Y/N) told him, sitting up from her position on Draco's bed, "Come here." She told him, waving him to the bed.

Draco nodded, climbing into his bed next to her, quickly settling himself so his head was laid against her chest. "They don't fight often but when they do it's like a war zone down there." He told her, his arms snaking around her waist, pulling himself closer to her. "My father he's a scary man sometimes." Draco admitted quietly, mumbling out his words so quiet that (Y/N) barley heard him.

(Y/N) felt her chest tighten, the tone of Draco's voice made it hard to breathe. "I'm sorry Draco." She knee he wasn't really looking for her to give him a response, he just wanted her to listen and hold him.

He nodded against her chest. "Thank you for being here (Y/N)." Draco's voice was still barely audible, but it still cracked under the pain he felt. "I'm not really sure what I would do without you."

(Y/N) closed her eyes and tightened her arm around Draco's shoulder, the other ruffling his hair. She felt sick to her stomach as Draco nearly shook against her, she had never seen him so upset. In the twelve years they had known each other he has never seemed so startled.

Draco was mostly quiet for a while after that, the only sounds in the room were both of their breathing and the faint sounds of his parents fighting below. After some time Draco spoke again, "Promise me something (Y/N)." His voice sounding like a lost and broken child.

"Anything Draco." She told him, her voice just as quiet as his.

"We won't lose each other, no matter what." He said, his eyes closed tight as he spoke. "That we won't fall in love, that we won't let something like that come between us." Draco said, he needed her more than he needed anyone else in his life, he couldn't afford to lose her because something as silly as a little crush.

(Y/N) stiffened at Draco's request. She knew why he was saying this, because he was afraid of what would happen to him if he lost her. How could she possibly tell him now that she had already started to develop feelings for him. "I promise Draco."

(Y/N) sighed, running her hands over her face to shake herself from the memory. She looked back down at her Astrology textbook, trying to focus on the material in front of her.

It had been a few weeks since she had admitted her feelings for Draco to Daphne and Pansy. Since then both of (Y/N)'s friends hadn't stopped pushing her to tell him, making comments and forcing her to spend even more time alone with Draco.

Such as now. Pansy and Daphne has practically kidnapped Blaise, Theo, Crabbe and Goyle to Hogsmead for the day, leaving (Y/N) and Draco alone to study for their electives. (Y/N) sat on one end of Draco's bed with her Astrology book in hand, while Draco sat across from her with a potions book and a bit of parchment.

"Are you alright?" Draco asked, his eyebrows raised and hands stilled in his book.

(Y/N) looked up at the sound of his voice. The look on Draco's face was one she saw often, it was the fade he made whenever he was worried about her. "What?" She questioned, shaking her head once again, "I'm fine Draco." (Y/N) lied, looking down at her book and avoiding Draco's gaze.

"No you aren't." He told her, there was no question in his voice. Draco knew (Y/N) better than anyone, "You haven't turned the pace once in the past ten minutes, what's bothering you?" Draco asked again, determined to find out what was wrong with his best friend.