Chapter Twenty Three - Present

Tyler

I felt a light tap on my shoulder followed by a voice screaming over the music, "Can I talk to you for a minute, Tyler?"

I didn't have to look at the person to know who it was. I smiled up at him; the person was a gift to my sister. "Sure, man. What's up?"

Archer's silver eyes cut through mine, his demeanor did not really scream hostility but he didn't seem friendly either. I couldn't guess what this was going to be about even if I tried. There were numerous possibilities; he could want to ask me about Vicky or Maya. My bets were on the former.

No brother in this world would ever like to see his little sister get romantically involved with some guy although it was inevitable. Especially, men like me. But if I was Archer; I wouldn't let me close to Vicky within a fifty yards but Archer had always been calm, understanding and far too loyal in his friendship to consider me as danger. It also went without saying that he was the only man I'd ever trusted Maya with and that was a big fucking deal.

Vicky looked at her brother and then at me. "What's this about?" Her brow furrowed in an adorable fashion.

"This doesn't concern you." Archer told her quickly and then turned to me, "I wanna talk in private, somewhere away from this noise."

I pointed towards a private lounge. "After you."

Archer walked away towards the lounge in his confident strides, I decided to tease Vicky. "It won't be for long baby, I'll be back."

"Rest assured I won't miss your absence." She said rolling her eyes and I couldn't stop staring at her plump lips coated in lip-gloss. Her cheeks had a flushed and tinted pink, a clear indication that she was getting a little tipsy. It was very easy to get Vicky drunk and no one else knew that better than I did. My gaze dipped lower to her full breasts, which were cute and perky, bigger than the last time I'd seen them. My cock automatically sprang to life, and it was a good fucking thing I was wearing jeans with thick fabric.

"What the fuck!?" she exclaimed, almost spilling her drink. She pointed at her cleavage, "Why are your eyes down here? My face is right here! Stop staring at my breasts!"

I really fucking needed to get my head out of my ass before I did another stupid mistake because it seemed like whenever Vicky was around, I let my guard down and then I was completely myself, acting strangely, doing what I wasn't supposed to.

"My eyes slipped." I joked when all I wanted to do was put her over my shoulder, storm out of the club and literally fuck her until I blew her mind, which I was completely capable of.

But this time, my game had rules. She'd chased me enough when we were young and stupid, and I'd royally screwed with eccentric behavior and brash decisions. She'd suffered; I'd suffered with her and finally lost her.

I wasn't here to lose this time, not when I had a chance to make things right. The road ahead was filled with rocks and glass strands, but with enough determination, I knew I would be able to get her back. I was playing the game and I wasn't. I was chasing after Vicky, but I wanted her to come to me on her own accord, whenever she was ready.

"Don't forget, Lockhart's Legacy, Friday, suite number 506, 10 pm."

"You listen here, Tyler Lockhart! I won't be visiting you Friday night. I have other plans."

"What could be more important than me?"

Shut up, dickhead!

"A lot more things," She said, "Like meeting Noah."

Of course. Noah Fucking McCloy. The permanent Voldemort to my Harry Potter. The Volturi to my Twilight. The Goddamn Thanos to my Avengers.

I needed that asshole removed from our lives, and from this story.