CH. 21 The Purple Bra

I ended up skipping my next class, art portfolio, in attempt to clean up the mess that Nathan had made. My hair was awkwardly matted down against my head and my mascara was lightly smudged under my eyes. I was able to blot away the mascara, but made a sad attempt to comb through my damp hair with my fingers.

I peered back into the mirror to see a messier version of myself staring back.

I sighed. Well. This is about as good as it's going to get.

I glanced down at my outfit, the clothes awkwardly sticking to my body. I peeled open my cardigan, only to be surprised with a bright purple lacy bra staring back at me.

Oh shit.

My eyes went wide as I focused in on the predicament.

Of course you could see my bra, white shirts become see through when they're wet. Jesus Christ I'm screwed.

I winced, pulling my drenched cardigan tighter around me in attempt to hide my bra.

This stupid cardigan didn't even have buttons on it. What idiot would make a cardigan without buttons?! I mean this doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing... Regina George walked around school with her bra poking out of her shirt and everybody thought it was the new trend. That could happen right? Gesù Cristo of course it won't happen! This is high school at THE Baton Academy, not a scene of Mean Girls starring Lindsay Lohan.

I brought my hands to my temples, massaging my head lightly. You can do this Violet, it'll be okay. You can hide it as long as you just hold your cardigan closed all day.

I stared into the mirror. Who was I kidding. This might be a lot harder than I'm hoping it'll be.

I braced myself; realizing I had been in the bathroom for way too long and 4th period was about to start.

"You got this," I reassured to myself as I pulled my cardigan tight around my chest, swinging the bathroom door open and shuffling down the hall to find my English class. At least Cameron would be in there.

I kept my head low, submerging myself within the crowd.

The squish of the water in my socks made me cringe every step of the way until I finally reached the right classroom. I slipped into the room, searching for the familiar face of Cameron.

People's heads craned as they saw me, but the red head sitting on a desk in the back corner around a group of boys had yet to notice me. I recognized two of the guys as Shane and Aiden, some friends from middle school— the other one boy I didn't recognize; probably a floater.

"Hah! Shane you're so funny!" Cameron flirted quite obnoxiously as she hit Shane's arm.

I sulked over to her, her eyes now meeting mine, "Violet, what the hell happened?" She gasped, jumping off the desk and racing over to me to see what damage had been done.

I huffed, hugging my arms close to myself again, "Your brother is what happened," I growled in frustration.

Cameron's face contorted into confusion, "What do you mean? Nathan did this to you?" She questioned with scrunched eyebrows.

"Yes!" I replied angrily, bringing one hand up to my hair and running my fingers through it once again, "He's in my Biology class, it turns out. I didn't even know he was smart enough to be in there! And let's just say— so is Spencer, you know the one," I said with a knowing look.