chapter 25 | end of goblet of fire

The crowd was ecstatic. The four champions started to enter the arena as you sat with Ron and Hermione. The band played music loudly and students chanted the name of who they wanted to win. It was such an amazing atmosphere. The third and final task. The Maze.

"Earlier today Professor Moody placed the tri-wizard cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now as Mr Diggory..." Dumbledore was cut off by a loud cheering as Cedric's name was called. "Now as Mr potter." Once again Dumbledore was cut off by cheering. You stood up when Harry was called and screamed and whistled. He looked up at you, Hermione and Ron with a small smile to which you stuck you thumbs up at him. "Tied for first position. They will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr Krum and then Miss Delacour." Continued Dumbledore yet you could hardly hear him announce Fleur because of how annoyingly loud the Bulgarians were being after hearing Viktor's name.

"The first person to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed staff to patrol the perimeter, if at any point a contestant wishes to withdraw from the task he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants, gather round."' Dumbledore finished. You couldn't hear what he was saying as he was speaking quietly to the contestants, but you assumed it was just about what would be inside of the maze.

Mad eye stood at one of the entrances to the maze. Something seemed off with him, more than usual but you just put it down to him just being mad-eye so you didn't ask anybody elses opinion.

Suddenly Dumbledore shouted. "Contestants prepare yourselves." Harry walked over to Mad-eye as Amos gave Cedric a big hug. "On the count of three." Cedric looked up at you and nodded. You grinned and mouthed 'You can do this.' He smiled back at you before turning to the maze.

"One." The canon fired with a huge bang making you jump. Filch hadn't gotten the canon right once the whole tournament. The band began to play again as Harry and Cedric entered into the ginormous maze. Not long after Viktor went into the maze and finally do did Fleur.

The crowd couldn't see anything that was going on during the task so the time was spent chanting and joking. Fred and George were of course walking about the stands getting students to bet on their winner.

"Y/N." Fred said from the row of seats behind you, leaning his head next to yours.

"Y/L/N." George finished leaning his head on the opposite side.

"Yes." You sang looking at the two of them.

"Mind putting a quick bet on who's going to win." Fred said.

"Let me think, no thank you." You chuckled.

"And why would that be?" George asked pushing Ron out the way so he could sit beside you.

"Sorry Miss Granger." Fred said before pushing her out of the way and sitting beside you as well.

"Well I think-" you stopped when you saw a red spark fly up into the air.

"Looks like somebody is going to be losing some money if that's Krum." George said. You shook your head at him and looked around for any signs it might have been Harry or Cedric. Instead Fleur was carried out. She looked terrified. She was shaking and was as white as snow. Her expression of horror turned slightly to relief once she saw her sister. She limped over to her and embraced her in a hug.

"Merlins beard I hope Harry is alright. Fleur looks so scared." You gasped.

"It's Harry Potter of course he'll be alright." Fred assured.

"Hopefully." You muttered.

-

It was dark now and the only two left in the competition were Cedric and Harry.   You couldn't wait to see the both of them. "Surely can't be long now. It's been bloody ages." Ron said.