CH//42 Christmas Eve

Yup. The skatepard was loud. Besides all the skateboards, there was groups of people shouting, laughing, and blaring music. Charlie stood in the door way for a few moments, looking like a small timid deer. He looked around for blonde hair and a grey or maybe black hoodie. His eyes scanned over crowds and skaters on the ramps until he felt a tap on his shoulder. He looked over to see Alex smiling at him.

"Hey, you made it" He said excited. Charlie smiled and nodded. "It's not too loud for you is it?" Alex asked.
Charlie gave a small shrug and shook his head. The place made him feel a little unease but it wasn't anything he couldn't handle. "Okay" Alex said. He put his hand on Charlie's shoulder. "If it becomes too much for you just tug on my sleeve and we'll go outside".
Charlie smiled. He appreciated how considerate Alex was. "Do you have your bear?" Alex asked in an almost whisper. He had leaned in close so Charlie could hear him. If they were alone, Charlie would have pecked him on the lips right about now. He smiled and nodded, pointing to the bag still on his back. Inside sat Teddy, along with his phone, headphones, and a small box of bandaids incase Alex scraped his knee.

Alex took him over to the far end of the building where he had left his things. On a bench sat his bag, Charlie assumed it had all his art things inside. He never went anywhere without his sketchbook. Underneath the bench was the coolest skateboard Charlie saw. It was all black, and decorated with Martian heads that were so bright they looked as if they could glow in the dark.

"Isn't it cool?" Alex asked grinning

"Isn't it cool?" Alex asked grinning. "I just got it yesturday from my Uncle Tom as a late birthday gift. He gave me something on my actual birthday but this bad boy didn't come into the mail until two days ago". Alex picked up the skateboard and raced up the top of a ramp. With onse swift movement he was on the board and riding down the hill. He picked up his feet, making the board do a flip, before landing back on it. He was so excited that he landed right that he threw his arms up into the air and cheered. He then used his other foot to turn himself around and push himself back to Charlie. He looked so happy, which made Charlie smile. The blonde smile was contagious afterall. "Sorry, I just missed this too much" Alex said smiling down at his skateboard.

"Why'd you stop?" Charlie asked just loud enough for only Alex to hear. He saw Alex's mood quickly shift from a light and happy mood to uncomfortable and a little sad. He got worried that he had asked too much and was about to apoligize when Alex spoke up first.

"Last year, it was summer...." Alex began. It looked as if it pained him just thinking about it. "I made the mistake of putting a pride sticker on my old skateboard". He said. He sighed through his nose. "When some people came up to the skatepark I was at they stopped me, telling me to get out. No way was I ganna leave though, I had just got there" Alex explained. "So I stood my ground, sayinhg I had a right to be here just as much as them. I knew these guys too. They were older than me and automatically assumed that since they were always the oldest ones there that they could just push around any 'kids' they saw 'hogging up their skatepark'." He huffed. "Anyway, So when I refused to move, one of them got up real close, looked me up and down. And...that's when he saw the stupid sticker on my board". He let out another sigh. "And...well lets just say my board wasn't the only thing they broke that day". He said. He held onto his right arm as his eyes looked like they brought him far away.