Chapter 87 | Wedding Bells

The day of Euphemia's wedding to Orion dawned on a very sunny summers day, the warm sun bathing the entirety of London in golden rays as the blue sky above shone and was clear of clouds, an extremely artistic day which contrasted marvellously with the rather sombre mood of the day, in the Black household anyhow.

The manor was full to bursting of all the guests, who were walking in and out, to the massive gazebo outside that had been set up, where Orion and Mia would soon say their vows, in front of a massive audience. Also there were Euphemia's bridesmaids and her maid of honour, who had all been hand-picked by Cassiopeia and were, quite fittingly, all the Black female cousins.

Despite her change of heart and revelations the other week, Cassiopeia didn't appear to change her mind on altering the date of the wedding and that hurt Mia deeply because, no matter how sorry her mother was, she was struggling to see how Cassiopeia could be truly sorry and yet still force her daughter to marry her cousin. However, Euphemia was unaware of the fact that Cassiopeia had tried but had been rejected.

"Quiet for the photograph, please, girls!" she told her nieces as all of the bridesmaids gathered for a picture, their creamy white dresses matching with a golden sash and ribbons adorning the material - very beautiful. Druella was stood in the middle, as she was the maid of honour (obviously not a choice made by Mia herself) and she held the month-old Bellatrix who was reaching out a tiny hand to tug on Charis' brown curls.

Callidora batted the baby's chubby fists off her sister's gleaming locks as Charis herself was unaware, chatting away to Walburga instead, who appeared extremely displeased and seemed like she didn't want to be there. Dorea was on the other side, the only one actually smiling for the camera as she sent sideways dirty looks towards her cousins.

"Where's Euphemia, anyway? It's her wedding!" Callidora commented drily and Cassiopeia, who was ordering a few house elves around and telling them where to place the flowers, overheard and turned her head, "She's upstairs in her bedroom, Tibet is helping her get ready," she informed her, talking loudly in order to be heard over all the babble.

Meanwhile, behind one of the beautiful flower displays decorating the Black manor, Henry Potter nudged his son from underneath the invisibility cloak that they were both hidden by, "D'you hear that, Charlus? She's in her bedroom, now go and find her!" he whispered to Charlus, who sent a questioning glance in return, "And how are you going to get out to where we agreed without the cloak?"

"Don't you worry about me, I'll blend in just fine. S'long as Cassie or Pollux Black don't see me..." Henry reassured his son with a wink, provoking Charlus' question about why Pollux Black seeing him would matter which caused Henry to add in another whisper, "I arrested the prick back in '45 and he's not the type to forget a face!" he laughed quietly before patting Charlus on the shoulder, "Go get your girl."

Charlus sighed deeply, his heart racing as Henry ducked out from underneath the cloak and immediately blended into the crowd, his bowler hat tipped slightly to shield his face from the wedding guests. This had been what the two Potters had agreed on when devising their plan - that they would sneak in invisibly before the wedding started and then try and sneak Mia out, via broomstick.

Even so, Charlus was extremely nervous. Not only was he going to see his ex-girlfriend for the first time in months, but Euphemia's entire future and happiness relied on whether he would be able to execute his plan successfully and efficiently. He started to creep up the grand staircase, still blown away at how fancy and glamorous the entire manor was.