🔹25 - What A Friend Needs🔹

'All I need is someone who can stay, no matter how hard it is to be with me.'

<~><~><~><~><~>

"NO!" The five boys immediately declined, continously shaking their heads while waving their hands.

"...But..." The leaf element was about to utter a word when the fire element quickly interrupts him.

"No, Duri! What if he's just being all a secret agent who's trying to gather informations about us? And if he does that, he'll report it to the principal immediately and we'll all be expose here in school because of the conversation he just heard from us." Blaze said, gritting his teeth.

"...I don't think he will..." Duri calmly stated, shaking his head. "Plus, he's only doing his job as the school's student government president..." He added.

"The student government president or not, you know how nosy he is!" The crimson-eyed boy scowled.

"...Don't jump to conclusions already, Blaze..." The nature element softly said, looking at each one of them sadly. "Don't you guys feel bad for Gempa...? I mean, he looks so alone and it seems like nobody wants to sit with him..." He heaved a sigh, then glanced at the lonely earth element from the other table not far from them. Blaze then became silent and sighed deeply.

"Maybe, he only wants someone to at least have a short but good conversation with... or just simply, needs a friend to be there for him." He added, turning to look back at his friends from his table.

"Duri..." Solar softly called, placing a hand on his best friend's shoulder. When the leaf element turned to look at his close friend, he saw a sad but genuine smile plastered on his friend's face.

The light element then stood up from the chair he was sitting on, getting his tray of food on the table and walked towards to where Gempa's table is located. Soon after, the remaining teenage boys got up from their table while carrying their tray of foods in hand and followed after the light element.

<=><=><=><=><=>

Meanwhile with the earth element, he was silently eating all alone on his table, with no one else with him. Just simple him, alone. He was thinking deeply in his thoughts, full of depressing and emotional thoughts.

He was thinking why students are gossiping about him even though he didn't do anything wrong. He thought why he felt so left out around people. He thought what's with him to make the students think wrongly about him.

He's also an ordinary human being like them, so why think of him differently?

Gempa didn't like it when students are afraid of him nor whenever he's around, his schoolmates would start thinking negatively about him. He doesn't like to be labeled as the 'scary student government' of the school. In fact, he was only doing his job as the student government of the school.

He didn't mean to scare the students around him. He didn't mean to hurt the students' feelings. He do feel bad whenever students would receive a violation or just by sending them to detentions.

When that time he witnessed the two rivals are already treating each other in a good way, inside he felt jealous. Because, he's longing to have someone by his side. Even when he doesn't know that person that well, just at least one person who truly cares enough about him would just give him some attention and support he needed.

He felt hopeless. He kept wishing that one day, someone out there, who's not so judgemental about him, would give him positive thoughts he's been longing to hear. That he's not much of a different person to them. That he's just like everyone, who also has a thoughtful mind and a kind heart.

He only wants a friend. A friend who doesn't judge him the way he is. A friend who accepts him despite being different. A friend, who can stay no matter how hard it is to be with him.

Surprised, he saw a tray of food placed infront of him, with a person sitting down across him. Then, followed with two people beside him and two people beside the person who seated before them, and one person seated on the side of the table.

It was none other than the elemental boys: Halilintar, Taufan, Blaze, Ais, Duri and Solar. They looked at the earth element and curved the same warm, genuine smile he gave to them the other day. He was incredibly shocked, and at the same time, he's glad his wish was granted.

Not for long, they started eating their food and talked with one another. Full of wide smiles, hilarious laughters and joyful moments became a wonderful memory for the whole elemental teenage boys. In the end, they became the best of friends, that no one can imagine.

<~><~><~><~><~>

Don't let grass grow on the path of friendship.

<~><~><~><~><~>