Chapter 8 - The Stud

Adrian

"How much longer is she going to take? God!" Nico yells.

"Dude, calm down. It's not even 10pm yet, which is the time we agreed on. Just give her five more minutes," I respond.

"Fine, but if Sofia doesn't come out of her damn room at exactly 10pm, I'm dragging her ass out even if she's not dressed yet. I don't want Ana to get to the club before us and wait by herself."

"Nico, relax. We'll get there. If you're worried so much, why don't we just pick her up?"

He sighs. "I offered to obviously, but she said she preferred to meet us there. Probably wants to get there on her own in case she regrets this and wants to bolt. Dammit, this night is already a disaster," he says shaking his head.

Jeez, this kid is one nervous Nelly. I'm nervous too, but for entirely different reasons. However, I think I'm doing a much better job at hiding it than he is. Nico's never known how to keep his emotions up his sleeve.

"I'm just going to say this once, so listen carefully. Get your shit together, alright? She already agreed to going out which means she wants to go out with you. She could have easily said no, but she didn't. She's probably just as nervous as you are. So put on your big boy pants and remind her why she likes your stupid ass. Got it?"

Wow, I think my words are for myself as much as they were for him.

"Fine. Just tone it down with the speeches, Adrian. You're giving me a headache."

"I'm giving you a headache? What the hell do you think you've been doing to me all damn day?"

He's about to yell something back at me, when we hear a door open and heels click down the hallway. Thank god she's ready. I don't think I would have been able to tolerate any more of Nico's yapping.

I turn to look at her as she approaches and I literally feel time slow down at the sight of her. She's wearing a loose top with these little black shorts and knee-high boots. I repeat, knee-high fucking boots. Her blond silky hair falls in curls down her shoulders and they bounce perfectly as she moves. And her eyes. Damn those green eyes. She must have put makeup on or something because the way they pop is incredible.

I swear she looks like one of those sexy ass girls from the movies walking towards you in slow motion, only her expression isn't sultry and cocky. It's completely innocent and fuck if that doesn't make me want her even more. This night hasn't even started yet and I already know I'm a goner.

"Fuck no. No fucking way, Sofia," Nico says, pulling me out of my reverie.

"What?" she says giving him a hard glare.

"Go change. You're not going out like that," he orders.

"Hey! What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" she protests.

Nico sighs dramatically. "I could tell you a million things that are wrong with it, but I'm not getting into it right now. Just go put on some freaking jeans or something so we can leave."

"You don't get to tell me what to do, Nico. I'm not changing. Mom picked this out for me when we went shopping the other day. So if she is fine with it, then that's all I care about."

Seriously? Go Mrs. Durant! I absolutely love that woman. I'll have to thank her later. Oh wait, shit. I obviously can't do that. She'll then know I'm after Sofia. Idiot.

"Well mom is not a guy so she doesn't know what she's doing. Seriously, I don't have time for this. I can't be watching out for you tonight while a million douchebags hit on you. I'm trying to get back with Ana tonight, you know that. Please go change."