Chapter Two: Futuristic

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
― Eleanor Roosevelt

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes flutter open, and there was a second of the most immense pain I'd ever felt in my life. Tears of raw agony slide down my cheeks and a jagged sob escapes my mouth before all the pain leaves as quick as it had arrived, and I'm frozen solid on the floor, staring at the blue sky and everything that surrounded it.

I tilt my head to the side, and my eyes crinkle in confusion at the blurry sight I see. Blinking twice, I sit up, staring at the intricate designs of the buildings that surrounded the Hogwarts Courtyard.

"What in the world?" I mutter softly, and I look around, trying to see if it was just a trick of the light or if I was indeed, in fact, still in Hogwarts.

"Stupid. Stupid. Stupid." I mutter under my breath. I get up to my feet, staring at myself and the things still clutched in my hand. "So it wasn't just a bad dream." I cringe.

Stuffing the compass safe in my bag, along with the empty vial in my hands, I walk up the steps slowly. My feet made a weird crunching sound, and I look down to see snow. Beautiful, white, pure snow.

"Snow in April?" I murmur, leaning down to grab some in my hands. It seemed real enough. I shrug my shoulders. "Probably the twins." I decide, shaking my head and continuing up the steps of my school.

I walk in and look around, searching for Harry or Luna. I wanted to tell Harry what a whack Dumbledore had become. Telling me I needed to kill freaking Lord Voldemort.

That was a joke.

A sick one actually.

Making me believe that I could have my parents again if I wanted to.

I had Defense against the Dark Arts this period, and I walk into class expecting to see Professor Lupin giving me a disappointed look, but there's a woman I had never seen before in my life.