He's Trying To Escape

CHAPTER 19

CHAPTER 19

They arrive on the Isle, where the new VK's and their families are waiting.

"I have so much to show you," Evie tells Dizzy excitedly.

"All right, boys," Carlos says as he and Jay walk up to Squirmy and Squeaky.

"Let's hit the road," Jay says excitedly.

"You're gonna see him soon, okay? Come on," Carlos tells the boys before they walk away from Smee.

"Do you have everything?" Lady Tremaine asks Dizzy as they stop at the trunk.

"Yes, I have everything," Dizzy answers her as she puts her bag in the trunk.

"Are you sure?" Lady Tremaine asks again.

"I'm sure, Granny," Dizzy answers.

"Oh, really?" Lady Tremaine says as she pulls out a glue gun.

"My glue gun," Dizzy says excitedly as she grabs it causing Bree to smile.

"I don't know what you're going to do without me," Lady Tremaine says.

"I'll miss you," Dizzy tells her before looking at Evie, who nods.  Dizzy then gives Lady Tremaine a hug. "Goodbye, Granny." Bree smiles at the scene before Dizzy and Evie get into the car. Bree walks over to the door of the limo while scanning the Isle for any sign of Harry. Ben, Mal, and Celia get into the limo followed by Bree before they start heading back to Auradon.

"So, as soon as we get to Auradon, you have to try ice cream," Evie tells Dizzy causing Bree to smile at them.

"And go swimming?" Dizzy asks excitedly.

"Evie and I can take you to the Enchanted Lake," Bree answers her before they all three share a squeal of excitement.

"I can't believe I get to live with you in your very own castle," Dizzy tells Evie.

"It's just a little starter castle," Evie tells Dizzy.

"Great grip. You play sports?" Jay asks Squirmy, who is holding onto his arm.

"Here. Go on," Carlos says as he hands a Reese's cup to Squeaky. "Trust me on this." Squeaky takes a bite before looking at Carlos in amazement. "I know. Dig in, dig in." Celia fans out her cards as she holds them out to Ben, who picks a card before handing it to her.

"You're going to be a wise and brave King," Celia says before flipping the card over to reveal a king.

"He already is," Mal tells her with a smile.

"See? The cards never lie," Celia says before holding her hand out for payment. Ben hands her some money before she looks at excitedly. The barrier is then opened so they can go out. They get through the barrier before it starts to close.

"It's Hades," Evie calls as she looks back at the Isle. Mal quickly turns to see Hades with a hand out of the barrier with his ember in it.

"Stop the car. He's trying to escape," Bree calls before Jay stops the limo. Hades is able to open the barrier enough to get his upper body out.

"I am a god. I don't belong here," Hades calls out as Ben, Jay, Carlos, Bree, Mal, and Evie get out of the limo. Jay, Ben, and Carlos all run forward to get Hades back behind the barrier but Hades shocks each of them with his ember, sending them to the ground. Mal's eyes turn green as she is covered in purple smoke before emerging as a dragon. Hades looks at her in shock before zapping her with his ember. Mal screeches as she starts to feel her powers being drained away.

"Come on, Mal, blast him," Bree calls out. Mal gathers the strength to blow air at Hades, sending him tumbling back behind the barrier. Bree quickly helps her brother up while Evie helps Carlos. Mal is covered in purple smoke before landing on the trunk of the limo. Ben and Bree help her down as she gasps and holds her stomach in pain.

"Are you okay?" Bree asks Mal.

"No. He was draining all of my magic with the ember, and I felt all of my powers slipping away," Mal answers her.

"You're safe. He's back where he belongs," Evie tells her as they watch Hades walk away.

"Yeah, for now," Mal says as she leans against Ben, who holds her close.

"We should go," Jay says as he walks over.

"Okay," Mal says in agreement before they all get back in the limo.