How Do We Keep Evil Out Of Auradon?

CHAPTER 20

CHAPTER 20

The next morning, Bree, Mal, and Ben meet with Beast, Belle, and Fairy Godmother.

"I think we all know why we're here," Beast starts. "The people are in a panic about Hades. He almost got out."

"Who knows what he would've done if he had escaped?" Fairy Godmother adds.

"We can't risk having another villain on the loose," Beast finishes.

"I really feel like this is my fault. I'm supposed to protect Auradon," Mal says as she looks at Ben.

"You did, you do protect Auradon," Ben tries to reassure her.

"Every time we open the barrier, we're exposed to danger. Maleficent, Uma, Hades," Beast explains before Ben's phone goes off.

"Maleficent's scepter and the queen's crown have been stolen," Ben says after checking his phone. Belle and Fairy Godmother let out gasps of shock.

"Uma?" Beast accuses.

"We don't know that, Dad," Bree argues.

"When the people hear this, they will never wanna leave their houses. What do we tell them?" Belle says before looking at Mal. "Mal? What do we do? How do we keep evil out of Auradon?"

"I think that there's only one way to guarantee their safety. And I think that there..." Mal starts explaining. Bree could feel panic settling in as she thinks about what Mal is about to say. "can't be anymore going in and out. I think that we have to close the barrier... forever." Beast and Fairy Godmother nod in agreement.

"No," Ben and Bree say.

"Kids," Beast tries.

"No," Ben says as he turns around.

"Ben, Bree," Mal calls as Ben and Bree walk away.

"No, no, no, no," Bree says as Mal follows them.

"Ben. Hey," Mal says getting Ben to stop. "I do not want to take away your dream. Because it was so beautiful. And it is why I fell in love with you. But as King, and as Queen what's our duty?"

"To protect Auradon," Ben answers her before looking at Bree sadly. "But do you know what would this mean? All those kids? Are you prepared for that?"

"I know what it means and no, I'm not prepared for it. I just think that we have no other choice," Mal answers him as she holds back tears.

"Kids?" Beast calls causing them to look at him. "Mal's right."

"I just don't think that we would forgive ourselves if something terrible happened," Mal explains as she walks towards Beast.

"If the barrier is closed then I will be on the other side," Bree tells her brother before quickly leaving the room. Bree was not going to let anyone keep her separated from Harry.

"Morning. Got the beach towels," Carlos says as he walks into the kitchen.

"Morning," Jay says back as Bree starts tossing him apples.

"Hey. I really think she's gonna like the cake, you guys," Carlos says as he walks over to it.

"Oh, yeah!" Jay says in agreement.

"Oh, no. Okay. Who got into Jane's cake?" Carlos yells.

Mal walks outside with her gift for Jane, after changing clothes. Bree follows her out in hopes she can talk her into changing her mind. Audrey then appears from a cloud of pink smoke.

"I was hoping you were home," Audrey says as she sees Mal and Bree.

"Is this a joke? What are you doing with the crown and the scepter?" Bree questions her as she looks at Audrey in shock.

"Well, I wanted them, so I took them. And Mal, of all people should understand that," Audrey answers her before breathing in the power of the scepter.

"Wait, Audrey, stop! Don't use that," Mal says as she sets the gift down.

"I thought you liked spells," Audrey says causing Mal to look at her in shock. Audrey then brings the scepter back close to her.

"Okay, Audrey, you're better..." Bree starts.

"Quiet!" Audrey yells.

"It's not a toy. It's dangerous," Mal tries.

"I want to be dangerous," Audrey says angrily as she turns back to Mal and Bree. "My life was perfect until you stole it. And then Auradon turned its back on me. Well, it's time for a little payback." Audrey walks away from Mal and Bree.

"Audrey, wait!" Mal calls out. Audrey then zaps Mal with the scepter.

"You think Ben will love you now, you old hag?" Audrey asks her, seeing as Mal had been changed into an old hag. "You'll pay the price of what you did and so will all of Auradon." Jay, Carlos, Evie, and Celia run outside. "So long, suckers!" Audrey disappears in a cloud of pink smoke. Jay reaches over to help Mal.

"Whoa! You might wanna think of a spell for that," Jay says realizing she had been changed.

"There's no spell that can reverse the curse of the scepter," Mal says sadly.

"Well, that's a shame," Carlos says.

"Forget about me. Audrey's out for revenge. And all of Auradon is in danger," Mal explains.

"What should we do?" Evie asks her.

"The only thing more powerful than the scepter is Hades' ember," Mal answers her.

"Oh! Like he's just gonna hand it over, if we went back to the Isle," Jay says sarcastically.

"And no one knows where his lair is," Bree adds.

"I do. I'm his errand rat. I've got the key at my dad's," Celia explains.

"You are coming," Mal tells Celia.

"But I just got here," Celia complains.

"Mal?" Dizzy asks as she walks out with the twins. Dizzy lets out a scream as she sees Mal.

"Dizzy, stay here to take care of the twins. We'll be right back and everything will be just fine. Go inside," Evie explains before they go back inside. "Guys, go get your stuff."

"How bad is it?" Mal asks Bree and Evie.

"You age beautifully," Bree says after she and Evie share a look.

"Now, let's just get you into something fabulous," Evie says with a smile.

"Okay," Mal says.

"Come on," Evie says a she and Bree walk off with Mal following slowly. Bree and Evie go back to help Mal. "Okay. Oh, yeah, there we go. Okay. Almost there."

The VK's take their bikes before stopping by the water. Bree is riding with Evie and Celia with Mal.
"Noble steed, proud and fair,
you shall take us anywhere," Mal says as her eyes turn green. They then start driving across the water to the Isle.

Meanwhile at Jane's party, Audrey showed up and put everyone to sleep besides Chad. Jane escaped by getting into the Enchanted Lake.

"Hey, Jane. I'm on my way to the party. My meetings ran long," Ben says as he answers his phone.
"No, no. Stay where you are, Ben. Audrey's got the scepter and everyone's asleep. I'm gonna call Mom and tell her to get her wand," Jane quickly explains before hanging up.
"Is Mal and Bree with you? Jane? Jane?" Ben tries asking before realizing she hung up. He was worried about Mal and his sister.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: In the next chapter I tired to make one of the songs fit for Harry and Bree. So, sorry in advance if it sucks.