Chapter 14: Dance With Me

After their shopping trip, the seven of them arrived back at the girl's house, sitting at the couch to try the new game that Haru had gotten for (Y/n). As they were about to play, however, she began to cry dramatically when she noticed her controller was still broken from the last time that Yamato had come over.

"Don't cry!" Rei said, trying to comfort the girl.

He and Takuya hugged the girl in hopes of getting her to smile again. Haru pouted, knowing he wouldn't get to play with her while Shota tried to figure out why she was upset due to his limited knowledge of the subject.

"Shut up, already!" Yamato groaned, "You're so annoying!"

"You're the one who broke my controller!" the girl said, pointing at him.

"And I'm the one who bought you a new one!" he snapped, throwing a box at her.

She caught it, fumbling around with it before staring at it, raising her eyebrows in skepticism. It was poorly wrapped in paper so she anticipated it was some kind of bomb. However, as she began to unwrap it, she noticed that it was a controller. He hadn't lied to her. She was grateful, but to return the favor of his constant teasing, she did the same.

"Did Masaru wrap this?" she chuckled.

"Shut up!" he blushed, "How was I supposed to know how to do that?! I just bought it at the damn mall! I didn't have a lot of time, alright? Be grateful, dumbass!"

"I am," she said softly, pulling in her knees to her chest and resting on them as she looked up at him.

Those set of actions made him blush further, grumpily sitting on the couch, his legs folded. He hadn't anticipated she was to react like that, but he was glad she did, finding it both cute and attractive. The others found it cute as well. Rei began to fuss about why she never acted that way to him.

"Please, cupcake!" he whined, "Be cute for me!"

"Cupcake?" (Y/n) repeated, turning on the controller.

"Do you like it?" he laughed, "I do! I think it suits you! C'mon, make a nickname for me! How about 'my prince'? And you could be my princess! Wouldn't you like that?"

The girl remained silent, already adapting to his goofy behaviors, and began to start the game up with Haru. While he started out much better than her, focusing intently on the task at hand, she quickly learned and despite that, ended up losing to him. Still, the brunette held a quaint smile, not disappointed in the slightest.

"Not bad," he grinned, "I haven't had anybody play me like that in a while."

"Another round," the girl declared.

He agreed, trying his best to defeat her again. When she ended up winning, he jumped up in excitement, delighted to have a rival to play with. He began to compliment her on how well she played, making her blush from the attention. As he saw that he was getting more positive responses from her, he only continued the compliments, hoping to make her think fondly of him.

"How often do you play?" he asked, eagerly awaiting an answer.

"Whenever I have time, really," she replied, shrugging.

"You must be a natural then!" he beamed, "Remember, you promised to play with me when you're free!"

The brunette went on and on about how much he was looking forward to playing with her, but Yamato swooped down and picked up the controller from him, shoving him to the side and starting up the game again. Haru threw a tantrum and had to be calmed down by Shota. Of course, "calmed down" refers to the redhead smacking him on the back of the head. He didn't say a word after that, sitting down silently with his head hanging and his legs in a criss-cross manner.