Chapter Seven

(Juliet's POV)

"The once mute Queen now has a voice." Barese said after my speech. He's not enemy, but he's not an ally. "What brings you to our meeting?"

"I want to find my husband."

"And you think we'll help you?" Greco asked.

"No, but I think one of you knows something and you're going to tell me."

A second later, Dente had his gun aimed at my head. Stefano and Vera went to move but I held up my hand to stop them.

"You're in no position to be making orders." He said, cocking his gun and pressing it to my forehead.

"Aren't I though?" I asked, as I held up my hand.

Two seconds later, Dente had a bullet in his head.

"F*cking shit!!"

"Where'd that come from?"

"You have ghosts following you around these days?" Barese asked with a grin. I winked at him.

"Anyone else want to try?" I asked.

Marchesi was the next one to pull his gun.

He got a bullet in the heart.

"Two down. Anymore wanna join?"

Greco thought about it. He didn't move though.

Barese then suddenly stood up.

"Rumor has it that a third party hit your husband's meeting with Russo. Turns out, that's not the first time those guys have done that. They've hit four other meetings in the past year. No one knows who they are or where they disappear to." He said.

"Who would know?"

"Not sure. A lot of us are on edge about holding meetings now. That's why we do them in secure buildings or over the phone. These guys hit out of nowhere and they hit fast." Agata answered.

"Here's you something else though," Barese said. "Every meeting they've hit, the participants of those meetings were trying to think of ways to...dethrone your husband."

"All of them?" Stefano asked.

"Yes."

"So in a way, whoever is doing this is trying to help Vince?"

"Maybe. Maybe not. They may be trying to help or they may be wiping out the competition. No one knew your husband was in town until minutes before the meeting."

"What does that mean?" Vera asked.

"It means that the third party couldn't have known that Russo was meeting with Vincenzo." I answered. "They didn't know it would be Vince at that meeting."

"Exactly. They may have seen that he was injured and they took the opportunity, like Russo did when he took Vince's men." Agata said.

I sighed in frustration.

"Is it true that you killed Russo?" Carosi asked.

"I've never killed anyone in my life." I said.

Everyone looked at Marchesi's and Dente's body and then back at me.

"I didn't kill them. They killed themselves."

"The f*ck they did!" Greco yelled.