Ch. 35 - The Plan

Roselyn

"Yo momma so ugly she made an onion cry." We all bursted out laughing.

Henley's pack, Iris and I were all eating surrounding one big bonfire while Willie told us his 'yo momma jokes'.

His jokes were so clever and hilarious my stomach started to hurt from all my laughing.

"Yo momma so fat when she stepped on the scale it said 'we need your weight not your phone number.'" That did it.

I spit out my drink dying, Henley choked on his food and Iris was laughing so hard she fell off the log.

Our laughter carried throughout the trees especially when Iris sat up with her legs hanging over the log with food on her face.

We laughed even more as the mashed potatoes dropped down her face as she cried laughter tears.

Willie smiled proudly watching all of us having fun while he told his jokes. Henley wrapped his arms around Iris bring her back up on the log still laughing.

"Wait! Ooh! I got one." Iris exclaimed.

We all looked her dying to hear another funny one.

"Yo momma so fat even Dora couldn't explore her." She honked.

We were all dying again.

Pack members hunched over holding their stomachs, the women and children were holding their faces trying to eat their food as they laughed and Willie fell to the floor squealing rolling on the dirt.

I had to set my plate down because I could not stop laughing. I turned to Iris who was now crying more leaning into Henley's chest who held her with his head on top of hers.

They looked like the perfect couple minus the mate bond, Henley didn't even care that he has mashed potatoes on his shirt. He looked happy enough that Iris was in his arms.

This was one of the best nights I've had in a long time. Even though I had just met everyone and still didn't quite remember everyone's names, it felt like home.

I had never experienced a home feeling since my mom died, I don't remember much because I was so young then.

But the feeling of home rested easy with me, this small pack had lost everything but remained strong and faithful to one another.

The men held their mates in their arms while the women had their children close to them. I would give anything to experience this feeling and have it last longer than a night.

Anything.

Heck I would even give up my title if it meant I got to spend a few extra nights with these wonderful people.

But like everything in my life, nothing was meant to last.

I was being hunted down by my father, hunted by those mysterious black knights and Rae had given me a disturbing update on Logan.

Rae told me how Blade has been trying to reach out to her to see if we were alive but since we weren't marked they couldn't sense us strongly.

Blade had told her that Logan was searching for me, killing packs on any information about my whereabouts and that they had found Henrik's body.

They knew that I was ambushed but didn't know by whom so Logan had reverted back to killing for sport.

So I could add my ruthless mate to the list of people hunting me down. I still didn't tell Iris that I had found my mate, who is the blood alpha, who is now coming for me.