[15] Humanity Sucks

L O V I N G
L A K Y N

I MANAGED TO successfully push through the whole day without another inconvenience, no one bothered me or tested my patience and my classes weren't half-bad.

But my thoughts were circling around my regretful interaction with Lakyn. You're broken just like me, he said. I always knew there was something wrong with him, there had to be for him to be so cruel, but him saying it so bluntly out loud brings me to think that maybe when his father left something terrible did happen.

I have been beating myself up all day. I simply cannot believe that I allowed him to see me that way, I let him help me. How pathetic and stupid can I be?

He is Lakyn, not Hale. He doesn't care about me or anything to do with me, I know that him helping me was just some sick trick to try and tear me down, but it will not work, I am always going to be one step ahead of him, ready to stop him as soon as he tries anything.

"Hey purple." Hale said excitedly as he slung his weighted arm around my shoulders.

I forced a smile as I looked up at him, hugging my textbooks to my chest as I walked next to him, my heels clacking against the tiled floor.

"Hey." I replied.

He took abruptly, standing in front of me, his broad frame preventing me from going anywhere else.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he asked concerned, his eyebrows furrowed as he looked down me with worry.

I shrugged, "Nothing, why?"

He narrowed his eyes at me, "You seem off."

I shook my head, everyone watching us as they walked past, "I am fine, Hale." I convinced him, "Now move, or we'll be late for class."

Hale shook his head, remaining in place as his eyes stayed trained on mine, "You know I'm not wearing my hair the same today." 

I nodded. I noticed. Usually, he has it gelled back in an effortless but still neat type of way, but today he had not a single ounce of gel in it, leaving his fluffy brown hair spilled across his forehead, immediately making him look younger and more innocent.

Hale with his usual quiff hairstyle makes him—to be blunt—look like a complete dick. Like a fuckboy. But Hale with his hair down in nature makes him look like an innocent boy out of some teen romance movie.

Usually, I would say something, or at least acknowledge it, but today I felt no need.

"Usually you'd point it out." he stated.

I arched an eyebrow, "Okay. . ." I trailed, "your hair looks ugly?"

He glared at me, "Never mind, go back to sad Lila."

I rolled my eyes snorting, "As you wish."

Hale groaned, moving out of my way, so that we could continue to walk to class. Our class was at the very back of the building near the swimming pool, so it took at least five minutes to walk to class, but the bell had pretty much only gone, so I wasn't really worried, besides Coach Walker lacks punctuality, by the time I get there, he probably would have just arrived.

As we walked down the hall, nearing the class of which we attend when we do theory lessons for physical education, I spotted Lakyn standing near the opened door, leaning against the wall whilst he texted on his phone.

The coiffed, swept-back hairstyle held his bleached strands at bay and left his masculine features to be easily marveled at; cold eyes resembling the ice in the Atlantic, brewing with bad decisions and spite and a jawline sharp enough to befit a model. The paleness of his skin accentuating his well-defined features.