Plan B: The Nautilus

Back in town, Annie was driving her car. But she wasn't exactly concentrating. She was staring out of her window at Giant. Her eyes glanced back to the windshield and she swerved dramatically, almost hitting one of the soldiers.

''Watch it lady!''

The Air Force flew into the town of Rockwell as Annie continued driving and as Giant continued to run, holding the two teens protectively. The jets zoomed past Giant and (Name) yells as she points out an object below.

''Watch the bus!'' She warned. Giant gasped and tripped, falling through the power lines, sliding off the cliff with two screaming kids in his hands.

Rocket thrusters appeared underneath the soles of Giant's feet. ''You can fly?'' Hogarth asked.

Giant begins to fly, very shakily, up to the top of the cliff.

''You can fly!'' (Name) cheered eagerly, accidentally hugging Hogarth in excitement. Sadly, that meant she didn't register his red cheeks.

Annie's car skids to a stop as she steps out of the vehicle, beyond disbelief at what she was seeing. ''Kids!''

''Try pointing your arms straight ahead, like Superman!'' Hogarth told him. Giant held his arm out, flying as he was instructed, smiling happily - like it was all a dream come true.

Suddenly, the jets flew past him, one began shooting. Giant felt anger flare up inside him. Only, it wasn't anger, it was fuel. Realising what was about to happen, Giant covers his eyes, trying to stop himself from firing lazers. ''No, no!''

''I've lost visual, Repeat, I've lost visual.''

''Man, that was close!'' Hogarth said. He had spoke too soon as seconds later, a blast shoots them out of the sky.

''No!'' Annie yelled upon witnessing the blast.

Kent spots the robot fall from the sky through his binoculars. ''Ha! Gotcha!''

Giant lands on the ground below, groaning. General looks through his binoculars. ''Good call, Mansley. Secure the area. Let's find out what this thing is and who sent it.''

The army drove up to Giant.

The metal man recovers and sits up, spotting the two teens unconscious. He gasps in shock.  He tried to wake them up. When they didn't, he began to shake his head. His mourning process was interrupted by a soldier.

''It's still alive!''

Kent jumps and frantically points at Giant. ''Just shoot at it!''

The army began to follow orders, shooting at Giant from different directions. Getting angry once again, the dent on top of Giant's head fixed itself. His eyes turn red, activating a gun before shooting it at a combat vehicle. General and Kent are shocked to see what Giant had done. His body begins to assemble more guns.

''Retreat! Retreat!''

''Get me out of here!' Kent screams.

The army begins to drive away, except from two certain soldiers who watch from a distance - being the only two to spot two bundles laying in the snow. They had no need to worry about the enemy as it had taken off after the others.

They were snapped out of their thoughts when a car and a motorbike pulls up. They spot the driver as she exits, confirming their suspicions.

''Annie?'' The woman whispers, her voice full of fear. All four of them rush over to the two bundles, splitting up at they got their. Annie and Dean checked on Hogarth whilst (Name)'s parents got to her.

''He's unconscious, but okay,'' Dean tells Annie before looking over at the two cradling (Name). ''Is she alright?''

''Out cold but condition's steady,'' her father said, his voice strong but hollow.

As they went to pick up the teens, they were stopped, their hands were still clutching each others. Annie smiled softly as she reached over and gently undid their hands.

''I can put them in the back of my car,'' Annie whispered as they headed over to the blue vehicle. As soon as the two were placed next to each other, their hands found one another.

(Name)'s parents took the time to kiss her forehead before they had to leave, their radio's going crazy. They left for their vehicle, quickly boarding and driving away, wishing that they could stay with their daughter.

The army was still trying to fend off the Giant as he kept shooting at them. General stopped the jeep, snatching a walkie-talkie from a shocked soldier.

''All battleships fire at the robot!'' The General watches as Giant approached them, waiting for the optune moment to strike. ''Now! Now! Damn it! Now!'' The battleships shoot Giant and it hits him on the front. Then he heads for the battleships.

''Nothing can stop this thing! We've hit it with everything we've got!'' General exclaimed.

''Not everything, General,'' Kent said, looking up with a stubborn expression. ''The bomb.''

The General removed his glasses, looking awestruck as he remained speechless.

''The Nautilus first strike capability is not far off shore,'' Kent told him.

The General narrows his eyes, ''You scare me Mansley. You want us to bomb ourselves in order to kill it?''

''General, the giant seems to follow whatever attacks it. We can lure it away from town, then destroy it.''

The General makes a pit-second decision, pointing at a soldier. ''Radio the Nautilus, tell it to target the robot and await my command.''