Chapter 25

"Hurry! We won't make it in time if you don't run!" I shouted at Brooke behind me. She trampled in her new heels; trying to keep her balance from falling on her face on the sidewalk. I kept hearing her mutter words as she dodged the passing people on the busy streets of L.A.

"Girl! Just give me a sec!" she yelled back. I stopped and looked back, seeing Brooke unstrap her heels faster than you could say "Hang loose, dude!" In seconds, she was catching up to me with her shoes swinging wildly in her hands. Panting, she jogged up to me and asked, "Where's the car?" I pointed down the street to my rusty truck, "Right there, and we gotta hurry. He texted me and said he'll be landing in 5 min. We gotta go pick him up."

"Okay, but do we have to run? I'm not that fit to sprint that far," Brooke sighed. But before I could reply, Brooke looked past me; eyes widened and her jaw dropped. Immediately, I knew something was wrong.

"What is it?" I asked cautiously. Without looking away, she replied blankly, "Kelly Campbell. Right behind you."

Crap.

For some weird reason, I closed my eyes. Maybe at that moment I thought, Since I can't see her then she won't see me. I was wrong. I heard a high ditzy voice call my name out behind me.

"Jenna! I can't believe it!"

I just ignored her and kept my eyes closed. Why can't I be invisible right now? Why does Kelly Campbell have to be in L.A at the same time we are? I sighed in despair.

"She's coming closer," Brooke whispered to me, "Let's just get it over with." I nodded and opened my eyes.

"Jenna!"

I tried with all of my will power to put a smile on my face and I slowly turned around. There she was right in front of me with a little group of friends behind her. Perfect skin, perfect smile, perfect hair, perfect eyes, perfect everything. Well, almost perfect. She wasn't the most smartest girl in the school.

"Jenna! I knew it was you. I could recongized that head of hair anywhere!" she said brightly through the chewing of her gum. Wait, she knows me by my hair? Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I didn't want to overthink it so I just smiled and coughed out a fake laugh which made Kelly started to laugh as well. After a long dragging moment of fake laughing, Kelly asked,"So what are you doing in L.A? Shopping?" She didn't even look at Brooke; completely ignoring her and Brooke knows it. She hates Kelly and Kelly hates her. So all in all, we're just one big happy family.....

"Um...we're just going to go pick up Matt from the airport," I replied and Kelly quickly brightened up.

"You mean, you're famous British boyfriend?" she asked enthusiastically, "He's coming to my party, right?" I nodded. "Yeah, and we'll be there." Kelly giggled and eyed some of her friends.

"Good, I can't wait to meet him," she replied with a smirk. I heard Brooke cough a word behind me and I bit my lip to hold back from laughing. Although, Kelly didn't notice. She was too busy looking at her friends as if she was speaking to them without using her mouth but only her eyes. Then she looked back at us and asked, "How old is he again?" But before I could reply, Brooke thankfully grabbed my arm and blurted out, "Look at the time! We better go pick up Matt before it's too late. Talk to you guys later!" She pushed past Kelly and her friends with me dragging behind. I didn't bother looking back. I knew Kelly was giving us a dirty look. She didn't like any of us. The only reason she was inviting Brooke and I to her party is that Matt will be with us and he's famous. That's it. It's as obvious as if she had written it across her big forehead.

Brooke dragged me the rest of the way to the car and we jumped in without hesitation. As I clicked my seatbelt on, Brooke said, "I think she thinks we're stupid or something for not figuring out why she invited us to her party." With a nod, I replied, "Yeah, probably. I'm just glad you saved me from her!" Brooke waved her hand and clicked on her seatbelt.

"No problem, girl! Now next stop, the airport!" I started to engine and hollered, "Away we go!" We both laughed and this time, it was real.