Part 36

Khushi opened her eyes in the morning and saw arnav sleeping. She looked at his hand and recalled putting it under her cheek and was surprised to see he had not moved it an inch since then. She felt bad thinking how it must have hurt him. She quickly removed it and carefully kept it down. She then removed his hair from the forehead. And then drawn by some unknown attraction, placed her lips on his cheek. Khushi was lost at the touch of his skin when he heard him mumbling: khushi...sotey waqt kiss karna cheating hai...(Khushi..its cheating when you kiss someone who is sleeping)

Khushi got embarrassed realising that he had woken up.

She quickly tried to get up but her husband was way too quick. He sat up and pulled her back on his lap and said: not so easy...

Khushi struggled and said: arnavji...hum woh..(Arnavji..I..) 

Arnav looked at her with mischievous eyes: khushi... 

Khushi: ji...ji 

Arnav whispered: khushi main soch raha tha ki agar diwali ki raat main tumhe kiss karta to...(Khushi I was thinking what if I had kissed you on the diwali night)

Khushi became all red and he lingered his fingers on his face. 

Arnav:...to kya tum bhi mujhe iss tarah se kiss karti jaise tumne abhi abhi kiya...( Would you have also kissed me the way you did just now) 

Khushi said nervously: ne..nehi...(No....) 

Arnav raised one eyebrow and said: oh really...to agar main..(Oh really..so what if..) 

He traced her lips with his fingers, while she shivered at the touch 

Arnav: khushi... 

Khushi looked deeply into his eye and then said: haan arnavji...hum aapko...(Yes arnavji..I would..)

She bent her face and arnav closed his eyes. Khushi suppressed a smile,pinched his nose and got up at lightening speed before arnav could catch her and once she was away from his reach she laughed and said: agar aapne us din kuch kiya hota to hum aapke sath aisa hi kartey..(If you would have done something that day, I would have done the same...)

Arnav tried to chase her saying: what the... 

But she ran into the washroom and closed the door. Arnav banged on it and said: you will pay for this.

Khushi screamed from inside: hum aapse nehi dartey!(I am not scared!)

After sometime khushi came out of the washroom and was relieved to see that arnav was not in the room.

Khushi muttered: achha hi hua jo woh laad governor yahaan nehi hai..varna thodi der pehele humne jo shararat ki uske liye humey zarur...(Good that he is not here...otherwise the mischief that I did sometime back..)

She looked at herself in the mirror and recalled how he had held her close and the way he kissed last night. It was all so new and breathtaking for khushi. She blushed deeply at the thought and her heart raced yet another time. She clutched her dupattaa near her heart and closed her eyes to compose herself. 

She opened her eyes as arnav whispered from behind: kya hua khushi...firse dhak dhak...lekin aj to tumne golgappa bhi nehi khaya..fir kaise...(What happened khushi...again dhak dhak...but you didn't have any junk food..then how...)

Shocked yet another time, khushi turned back. How did he know about that!!!

Arnav smirked and said: kya hua? Kuch galat kaha maine? Khushi I guess yeh dhak dhak acidity ki wajah se nehi hai..maine suna hai yeh tab hota hai jab kisika sapno ka rajkumar uske samne ho....(What happened? Did I say something wrong? I guess this racing heartbeat is not because of acidity..I heard it happens when your prince charming is infront of your eyes)

He paused looking at her shocked face and then said: are you sure tumhare sath aisa kuch.... I mean kahin mere aaspass hone se...(Are you sure its not the case with you...I mean is it because I am around)

Khushi quickly said: nehi!(No!) 

Khushi couldn't figure out how on earth arnav got to know her secrets..first the jalebi and now the heartbeat...was this a coincidence...her brain was not functioning. Arnav just enjoyed her reactions.

Arnav: ok khushi get ready...we have to go 

Khushi: kaha?(Where?) 

Arnav brushed his fingers on her nose and said: sawaal bohot poochti ho tum..now common get ready!(You ask a lot of questions..now common get ready!)

Khushi got ready and said: hum taaiyar to ho gaye...lekin bataiye to humey jana kaha hai..(I am ready..but tell me where are we going)

Arnav held her hand and led her to the car, made her sit and tied the seatbelt without a word.
He took a glance and saw khushi staring at him angrily.

Arnav: what?? 

Khushi said angrily: aisa lag raha hai ki hamara apaharan ho raha hai...(Feels like I am being kidnapped) 

Arnav laughed: what the..! 

Khushi made a face and looked out of the car window. 

After traveling some distance arnav applied sudden breaks and stopped the car. He then turned to khushi. She was looking a little lost trying to figure out still how arnav came to know about her secrets.

Arnav suddenly yelled: Get Out! 

Khushi: kya!!! Aap aap abhi bhi humey aise gari se..(What!! You will throw me out of the car even now..)

Arnav gritted his teeth and said in an angry tone: khushi agar gari ruki hai to obviously you have to get down (if the car has stopped then obviously you have to ger down) 

Khushi fought with him and said: aapko s**** nehi aati aisa keheta huye..(Are you not ashamed to say this..)

Arnav: khushi ismein sharmane ki kaunsi baat hai..agar jis jagah aana tha waha pohoch chuke hai to you have to get down from the car.(What is there to be ashamed..if we have reached the destination then you have to get down)

Khushi: haan agar jis jagah jaana ho waha pohoch chukey hai to....(Yes if we have reached the destination..) 

She then looked out and said: po..ohoch chu..chuke hai..(We have reached..)

Arnav smiled and said: exactly..now get down from the car. 

Khushi got down and said: arnavji yeh to Dargah hai..hum yahaan..(This is the 'Dargah'..why have we)

Arnav held her hand and went inside. While khushi prayed arnav kept looking at her. Then arnav said: khushi tum chalo...main abhi aata hoon...(Khushi you go..I am coming) 

Khushi went and stood outside. She still couldn't believe that she was standing in the place where she had met him for the second time and what an encounter it had been! She recalled his words that day. As she was lost in her thoughts, she felt a hand on her shoulders. She turned around to see arnav. Arnav lifted her hand up opened her palm and gave her a key. She looked at him dumbstruck recalling how he had said 'fek do'(throw it) when she wanted to return it last time. She didn't even blink once, as she was extremely surprised. 

Arnav smiled softly and closed her palm with the key and said: khushi...hamesha aapne pass sambhal ke rakhna..(Khushi..always keep this with you) 

He started walking towards the car. She looked once at her palm and once towards the person walking away. Was she dreaming? Must be!

Baatein kuch unkahee siजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें