▪️18

"I'm happy you can join us Jisung

"I'm happy you can join us Jisung." Haewon's Mother said as the two came into the kitchen, towards the dining area.

Jisung awkwardly bowed, and gave a stiff smile.
"I can't stay for long Mrs Kim." He said, following Haewon as she sat down at the table.
He stood beside the table unsure and she looked up at him.

"Sit down then." She said like it was obvious and he nodded, clenching his fists; Haewon eyed them curiously and watched as he shifted awkwardly.

Why do you look so tense, my family won't bite

I've never done this before

Done what?

Eat with others...

Haewon' mouth fell into an o shape and she looked at the boy with shock.
"Really?"

Jisung avoided her eyes and shrugged, looking over the walls at the variety of pictures from Haewon's childhood.

Soon all the chairs were filled and everyone began to eat.
"So Jisung." Her Father started, tone harsh and authorative.
"Yes Sir?"
"Gang leader huh?" He asked bluntly, jabbing the food with his fork that made Haewon jolt slightly.

"Dad!" She hissed, silently praying he'd stop. Minsun sent her sister a sad smile and then looked at Jisung who wasn't saying much, looking down in shame.

Haewon felt a pang of sadness mixed with embarrassment fill her heart- but it wasn't her- it was Jisung.
Haewon sent her Dad a look before glancing over at Jisung who stared at his food.

She secretly moved her hand over to his, intertwining their fingers and giving his grip a slight squeeze.
He lifted his head and she sent him a warm, comforting smile.

"Listen," her Dad said after noticing the mood he had created. Jisung tore his eyes away from Haewon and looked at her Father.
"I don't want you dragging her into your world." He began and Jisung nodded.

"If you get hurt, so does she. And if I find out that she's hurt because of your stupidity I'll-"
"Honey." Sorin cut off, eyeing her Husband's fists clenched over the cutlery.

"I'm sorry Jisung, I don't know why he's acting like this today." She said, glaring at Hangyul.
"I understand, I'm not someone you'd want your Daughter to be around."

Sorin smiled warmly at Jisung and leant over, placing a hand on his arm.
"You'll come here often won't you? And not just every 5 days on the brink of death."

Jisung gulped at her Motherly tone and cleared his throat.
"I don't know-"
"Can we speak outside for a second?" Her Mother said, taking him off guard.

Jisung looked at Haewon and back at Sorin with a nod.
They both stood up, his eyes lingering on his Soulmate before exiting the room.

"What if she's going off at him?" Haewon said, shoving her face into her hands before looking up.
"And you, you didn't have to be so mean!" She exclaimed, throwing a paper napkin at her Dad.

He chuckled and stuck his tongue out.
"He needs to know I'm boss around here."
"Whatever." She grumbled.

▪️

"Jisung-ah." Sorin began, closing the kitchen door behind her.
Jisung clenched his fists out of habit and looked down at her, wondering what she wanted to say.

What he didn't expect was for her to step forward, enveloping him into a warm Motherly hug.
She guided his head down and stroked his hair, making Jisung's eyes widen in surprise.

"I-"
"I want you to know, you can always come here and talk to us- we're you're family now." She muttered in a comforting tone.

"I don't know what you've been through but, you're always welcome here."

"Thank you." Jisung whispered, biting his lip to stop himself from becoming emotional.
"I know why you're hesitating with Haewon... Jisung she's a good girl." Sorin said pulling away and looking Jisung in the eyes.

Jisung nodded.
"I know."

"Let her in please? You're Soulmates, I know how you're feeling right now. You think she's better off without you but she's complete if she's with you and so will you be." Sorin said, jabbing her finger gently into his chest.

"You're meant for each other, don't fight it- whatever you're feeling in here...it's love."

Sorin smiled at the young boy and patted his arm.
"Now, I expect to see you here within 3 days or I won't be happy."

"Okay Mrs Kim."

 Okay but

Okay but

HAEWON'S MUM UGH I LOVE HER SM

What do you think guys

Jisung still cold
Or maybe he should lighten up now

Just a bit

He's still Elsa tho