Chapter 5: The Past

He didn't speak, instead he tilted his head. I can't stop now, I have to let it all out. I looked away from him as I continued. 

"My biological mother died after I was born. I was then given to a couple, Corihan Kycair and Kaytia Halycon, they became my parents. I was raised on Corellia. And when I was four, they put me into the Corellian Academy for Gifted Students. Corihan worked for Corellian Engineering Corporation in Coronet City and unfortunately he was killed in an accident. Then when I was five, Kaytia was killed by stormtroopers and an Imperial officer, who were looking for me. She died protecting me." I began. "I ran away and slept on the streets. It wasn't long until I ran into trouble. I became a con artist, working for a criminal at his cantina. He and his associates taught me many things, but they weren't kind. He treated me terribly, throwing me in the back room without anything to eat any time I didn't bring him enough credits."

I could feel the memories flooding my mind. The pain still felt fresh, but it was my fault. I spent my entire life running away from my past. I thought I could run away without it catching up to me. And by the stars was I wrong. 

"I had enough of him, so I ran away...but I went from bad to worse. I was picked up by the White Worms Gang, forcing to be a Scrumrat. A year later, I attempted to escape the desolate rock with friends of mine. Only one of them made it through. My friend and I were caught, she was sold off to Crimson Dawn. And it wasn't long until they discovered my value to the Empire." I confessed, continuing with my horrid story. "I was taken aboard an Imperial cruiser, but I managed to escape my cell and sliced into the controls, taking them off course. It bought me time to escape in a pod, landing on Belgaroth. I stupidly thought I could escape the Empire. I only lasted a week there until I was found by the Grand Inquisitor. I didn't go down without a fight..."

"Is that how you got that scar?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, I didn't stand a chance against him. I was taken to Coruscant to the Emperor and Darth Vader. There I discovered that my biological father was Vader. Being with the Empire was a nightmare, I was tortured and brainwashed until I finally caved in. Then I was trained, became one of the Inquisitors and assassins of Emperor Palpatine and Vader."

I was glad he had his helmet on. I couldn't bear to see the look of disgust and horror that was no doubt written all over his face. The only person beside Luke and Leia, who accepted me for all that I've done is Han. The poor guy blamed himself, wishing he came back for Qi'ra and me. I assured him that he was not to blame for anything.

"I was known as Darth Noxia to the entire galaxy...and I was feared by many. I turned into a monster, the Empire's monster. I did terrible things...things I wish I could forget. It wasn't until I was nineteen that my father's old master faced my father and me, and he told me things that I couldn't get out of my mind." I continued. "He told me the truth, he told me my real name. I didn't even know I had two other siblings, Luke and Leia. He mentioned that the three of us were separated at birth for our protection. After Vader killed him, I felt conflicted, yet I remained loyal to my father. It wasn't until I was twenty-four that I finally changed sides. The Emperor was torturing my brother in front of my father and me, but I intervened before he could kill my brother."

"My father ultimately sacrificed his life for my brother and me, killing the Emperor. After our father died, I apologized to my siblings and told them that I'd face a trial in the New Republic. But they pardoned me, due to my defiance against the Empire. But despite this I had to leave, not wanting to return until I make up for all the horrors I've done in my past. So I became part of a mercenary unit that specializes in tracking down Imperials from the remnants of the Empire and in my spare time, I decided to become a bounty hunter. I wanted to help you because I didn't want the child to end up like me." I concluded.