08 | t o m t o m

{I} t had been a few weeks since the argument I had with Lily. The first few days she was quiet and avoided us like we had the plague. The following days were incredibly annoying, she kept tagging behind Draco and I, and I started to grow paranoid of people standing behind me.

Now, she was spreading rumors that Draco was into her, as if they were living some tragic house-rivals-love-story.

The Draco fan club was outraged by the news, and came to me to solve the issue.

"Lexi! Lily isn't the right one for Draco!" 

"Lexi, do something!" 

"Lexiiiiiiiiiiiii!"

I, of course, told them to go jump off the astronomy tower in the kindest way possible. To be honest, the rumors were irking me as well, since now I was seen to the Gryffindors as the girl who was keeping Lily and Draco apart. The rest of the school didn't really care, since it was not really any of their business anyway. 

Draco and I were walking across the courtyard from practice when Draco committed an unforgivable act. 

"Lil-" Draco stuttered, his eyes widening immediately.

"Draco." I crossed my arms, "Were you about to call me Lily?" 

He looked down, embarrassed. "It's only cause I've been hearing it non stop. Lily this, Lily that. Can't they just shut up?"

"Hm." I said and walked off without him.

"Lexiiiii," he drawled, following me from a step behind. "Lexiiiiii."

"Go talk to Lily." It was childish, I knew. But, I was so, so sick of hearing Lily's name mentioned that when I heard it from my best friend... I was done.

It was then that we bumped into Harry, who looked relieved to see me. "Lexi! Thank Merlin, we need to talk."

"Potter." Draco frowned, clearly not happy with Harry taking me away. I noticed absentmindedly that Draco said 'Potter' differently when talking to either me or Harry. 

With Harry, he sort of spit it out, and always had a dreadful expression on. With me, it was almost like he was a puppy, and the word just automatically sprang out of his mouth when he saw me. The thought made me smile.

"What are you smiling about?" Draco asked, poking my side.

"This new cutie I saw the other day," was my automatic answer. 

"Who?" Harry and Draco asked simultaneously, making me laugh. 

"Nobody, jeez." I waved bye to Draco as I followed Harry into the hallways. 

Draco harrumphed, and looked sulkier than ever. 

---

"What?" I screeched, "You made Polyjuice potions because you were suspecting Draco?"

Harry's eyes were filled with guilt, but not regret. "I mean, he is a candidate for the Slytherin Heir."

"You forget Harry." I said coldly, "So am I."

"Well, we did learn something, though." he said looking away in apology.

"Which was?" I harrumphed, crossing my arms and giving Harry the dirtiest look I could muster.

"The Chamber of Secrets has been opened once before."

"What?"