prologue: bad beginnings

a/n: hey guys, so basically this is my new story cause i have major writers block at the moment so i figured i would write something completely new and hope that would some how fix it. anyway, this story idea has been used soooo many times so i really hope it doesn't look like im copying anyone else's story cause i promise you i'm not, ill try make it as original as humanly possible because i really do love theses types of stories and i've probably read every single one of them on wattpad.

also the boys ages and hero alias'  won't be like factually correct just so it fits the story better, also to make things fun wally doesn't know dicks identity.

boys ages 

dick (robin): 16

jason(red hood): 14

tim( red robin):11

damian(just a 'pure' baby ): 9 (ok maybe the 'pure' was a bit of an overstatement)

enjoy!:)!

There had been no missions for a whole week, nothing, zilch, nada, 7 days of utter boredom. Sure, it was nice to have a break once in a while, the first few days had been pure bliss not doing anything but sitting on the couch eating chips and drinking soda, to which none of the mentors approved, and the occasional training sess with black canary. It had been great

But come the third day, Wally and Robin had completed every single video game they owned, Kaldur had disappeared off to Atlantis, M'gann had somehow perfected cookie making and in her words, 'it kinda took the fun outta it when you ace them every time', Artemis started getting bored of arguing with wally constantly and Conners static had a massive plot twist where his favourite character died so he's now refusing to watch it (a/n just clarifying that was a joke before some people come check on my mental state.)

 However, worse thing about this whole ordeal was the fact robin was bored. Batman's rules: number 7, never ever let Robin become bored, or was  rule number 7 the one about cats, peanut butter and skateboards (i always get confused about them two). Anyway, Batman's rule number ?, never let robin become bored because that basically means instant death for anyone remotely near the boy.

The team unfortunately discovered this the hard way

it was seventh day of boredom or doom as Wally was calling it and the entire team minus Robin were sitting around the island in the kitchen awaiting the pancakes M'gann had just attempted to make. Before M'gann could hand out the pancakes however there was the sound of a small click and the room was flooded with darkness leaving the team completely blind.

"great" Artemis moaned as she fumbled around in her pockets for her phone which she had only now remembered was laying on her bed, not her bed at the mountain, no her bed at home in gotham and she wouldn't be able to get it for the rest of the day.

"anyone got a phone or flashlight?" she asked hopefully

the room was filled with the sound of people fumbling around in there pockets or feeling around for objects near them before a chorus of no's interrupted.

"once again, great" she said letting out a very exaggerated sigh and flopping down on the chair next to her

"is there any need for sarcasm arty?" wally asked in a mock voice and artemis could almost hear his smirk as wally could feel the anger pretroding from the archer at the use of her not so fond nickname

"don't. call. me. Arty" she growled swinging her arm out hard infront of her to try come into contact with the speedster but instead she managed to hit the man of steel's clone instead thus resulting in artemis's arm to become badly bruised.