𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

Taeyong tossed about in his bed. He hasn't slept through the night. Ever since he got the news, he'd been crying the entire time until he finally passed out but would only wake up hours later to repeat the same cycle.

He unlocked his phone, scrolling through his contacts until he found Sichengs number. He dialed it expecting no one to pick up since it was barely five in the morning. To his surprise, it was answered on the second tone.

"Tae? Why are you calling so early?"

"Sicheng....my grandma, she's in the hospital.... she's sick.."

"Oh my, Tae! I'm sorry to hear that! Where are you?"

"I'm home..."

"Okay, I'll be right over, alright?"

Taeyong sat upright against his headboard. He clutched his legs into his chest resting his forehead on his knees as he continued to cry. He knew he would feel the effects take a toll on him later but he didn't care at the moment.

The ticking from his clock grew louder each passing minute. He nervously waited for the younger to appear. Time seemingly moving slower than it really was. As if his prayers were answered he heard a soft rapping from his front door causing him to still.

He turned and hung his legs over the edge of the bed. Taeyong drew a shaky breath in before he mustered the courage to stand to his feet. He was worried he was too weak since he hadn't eaten dinner and had been bawling his eyes out since he got home. Fortunately, he was able to maintain his balance as he waddled to the front door.

He gripped the handle and swung it open seeing Sicheng standing before him with a bag in hand. Sichengs brows furrowed as he saw the state Taeyong was in. His eyes were puffy and red with dark circles under them.

Taeyong stepped aside allowing him to enter and they settled on the couch. It was well after six in the morning now and Taeyong already gave up on trying to fall asleep.

Sicheng pat his back, while he let out another cry. He had no clue he had this many tears to shed and wondered, if there was a limit, he was nearing the end. Sicheng offered a comforting hug and encouraging statements until he calmed down.

They sat for a while, Sicheng opened the bag he brought, revealing some assorted fruits and gatorade. He gave them to Taeyong who could only stomach three grapes, a slice of apple and half of the juice. They waited until visiting hours began at the hospital. Taeyong then got dressed as fast as his body would allow him and once he was finished, they set off in a cab to the hospital.

They made it to the hospital and received their passes from the security. Walking into the ICU, Sicheng could see Taeyong trembling and went closer to him in case he would fall. They reached in front of Taeyongs grandma's room and stood outside for a few minutes.

Taeyong stared at his grandma, still in the state he last saw her. It was like she had never moved. He felt like crying all over again but there were too many people that could see him and he wasn't sure he still had the energy to.

He took a deep breath in before he pressed the button to retract the door and they both stepped inside. They sat for a while just staring at the elderly lady. Taeyong would massage her limbs every now and then and make sure she was comfortably positioned and covered with her sheet.

He would talk to her for a while, telling her about his weird new job and how he will make sure to go house hunting soon for her to move out of that small place and into a much comfortable neighbourhood.

Sicheng just stood beside Taeyong hearing him and watching him, never offering anything but his presence for comfort. Soon they were met by a comfortable silence.