Mo'orea

A knocking on the door wakes me from my deep sleep, it takes me a few seconds to remember where I am before climbing out of bed and going to the door.

Louis is stood with sunglasses on, a pair of swimming shorts and a towel in hand. He looked more awake than I did.

He quickly scans my pyjamas before giving me an apologetic look. "Sorry, did I wake you?"

I shake my head quickly, not wanting him to feel bad. "You ok sweetheart?"

"Been for a swim already but Matty and I are going on a hike, wanted to invite you." Louis tells me, a contagious smile on his face.

"Give me like 20 minutes and I'll meet you at the bar?" I ask him.

He agrees and leaves to go get dressed into a more appropriate attire, as do I.

I make my way to the bar, noticing Matty and Louis sat on the stools already.

"Morning." I announce, ruffling Matty's hair.

He whines before turning on his stool to face me, a pout on his face. "It took me ages to tame it. This bloody heat doesn't agree with curly hair."

"Soz, you look cute anyway. Let me grab an apple and I'm ready to go."

It was our first full day in Mo'orea. Atticus and Jules are getting married in 3 days and we had flown out yesterday for the special occasion. The whole friendship group had been invited but Louis had informed me that after trying to wake the other 3 men unsuccessfully he gave up.

The jet lag had caught up with me last night so I went straight to bed. I was planning on checking out the island today anyway but this hike would be the perfect opportunity.

One of the staff at the resort gave us a map of the island so we could plan a route. The three of us set off.

We had been walking for an hour now, it was so beautiful here. Louis was ahead of us, snapping photos for his instagram and Matty and I strolled taking in the surroundings.

Matty had been abnormally quiet. He looks at me with a conflicted expression, I decide to ask him what's bothering him.

"Are you o-"

I'm cut off mid sentence by him.

"Do you want to have dinner with me later?"

I pause. Dinner? As friends? As more? My brain starts over analysing as usual.

The man in front of me knows me all to well.

"I'd like it to be a date but whatever you feel comfortable with Bea." He says quick to reassure me.

"I'll go on a date with you."

The smile that overtook his features was breathtaking. I wish I could've captured it in a photo but my memory will cherish it.

Matty nods "Ok date it is. I'll pick you up at 7?"

I agree to this. The two of us walking in unison for the rest of the hike, Louis snapping a photo of the three of us under a waterfall.

Once we arrived back at the resort I part ways with the siblings. As I'm walking up the decking towards the bungalows I hear my name being shouted.

Turning round I realise it's Louis "Sting, wait up!"

I stop in my step until he catches up, slinging my arm around his shoulders "I've been gone 3 minutes, missed me already?" I tease.

"I heard yours and Matty's conversation. Your really going on a date?" He asks excited.

"Don't get too excited, Bug. Just trying it out. Please don't tell Denise and Alice." I plead, if either of our mothers knew we wouldn't have peace.

Louis holds up his pinky finger "I promise. Y'know Matty's never got over you. Just don't let him mess you around ok, I'll have to beat him up and I don't really want to."

We've made it to Louis's bungalow and stop. I press a kiss to his cheek, "You don't ever have to do that, he's your brother. My knight in shining armour, I won't let him hurt me though."

He smirks cheekily at me opening the door to his room "We're only 4 days into 2017 and it's already seeing the rise of Mea again, wait til Ross hears."

"Mea? Really?"

"Would you prefer Batty?"

My nose scrunches in disgust "God no, I've got to shower but thanks for inviting me today. Don't get into trouble, I'll see you tomorrow."

The young boy hugs me tight, a rare occurrence now he was almost 16 and "too cool to hug." I wrap my arms around him.

"I love you Bea." He whispers into my chest.

"I love you too so much."

He pulls back "Now go get ready for your date."

"Oh and wear protection!!" He shouts after me to which I flip him off causing laughter to erupt from him.

a/n:

hope you enjoy. the holiday / wedding is going to be a few chapters long, this is for the bond between Matty and Bea to grow again.

Hope you all had a merry christmas. Sending love and happiness your way.