can we just..

Olive
1 hour later

Breathing heavily, I pushed my messy hair back into a bun as Sage backed away from me. He then grabbed my hand and helped down from the table. Leading me back to the couch, we both took a seat, looking at each other.

"That didn't change shit for me. We still need to talk, ma." He spoke, zipping his pants back up and I nodded slowly.

My body ached as I slouched into the couch more with a sour face.

"What's wrong?" He asked, looking away from me.

"Nothing, I'm just sore from the sex." I expressed and he nodded, followed by a yawn.

He was rougher tonight than usual but that was expected after what we'd been through.

"I don't apologize." He looked at me out of the corner of his eye.

"I know."

"I really want to keep fucking until I'm not mad no more but I know that shit isn't going to work." He scoffed.

"Alright, Sage." I shook my head in disbelief of his blunt attitude. When he was upset, he didn't care what came out of his mouth.

"Do you want to talk now?" I went on to ask, looking down at my hands.

"Nah, I'm taking you home and then we can talk. Just let me finish this up." He stood to his feet.

I watched as he messed around with his recording, mix and mastering what he needed to correct. While he did, I watched for a while until an hour passed and I was beginning to fall asleep.

"Alright, Olive. Come on." He spoke, waking me up.

I stood to my feet while he grabbed all of his belongings before we left out of the room.

"Y'all have a goodnight." The security guard spoke and Sage said nothing, he just nodded.

As we left out of the building, his car was now parked directly outside. We got in and then sat there for a while as Sage simply stared off into space.

"Babe." I called, breaking him away from his daze.

He then looked over to me before licking his lips.

"Why did you do it?"

"I just.." I trailed off.

"We hadn't talked all day so I guess I just wanted attention."

"Attention?" He looked over to me and I nodded, closing my eyes.

"I knew that someone would be recording so I did the most pettiest thing I could think of to get your attention but it backfired."

"Like you said, I took it too far.."

"Damn right." He fussed, starting the car and pulling off.

*
2 hours later

After two hours of more pain and pleasure, Sage and I were finally in bed talking like we should've from the beginning.

"Where have you been staying?" I asked as we laid there, holding hands.

"Been staying in a hotel room." He mumbled, making me look over to him.