Chapter Eighteen

"Fifth Year"

••••••••••••••••••••••Lenora POV:

Lenora POV:

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Fuck."

I stood uncomfortably before the Greek god of trickery, cunning, deception, craftiness, treachery, and guile.

Despite the fear and dread that filled me at the thought of going up against a Greek god, I let my irritation and frustration take over my attitude.

"So you're the asshole that not only separated me from my friend, but also made this shitty mirage of my school?" I sassed with a raised eyebrow, arms crossed defensively over my chest.

"Shitty?!" The grey eyed god stated in feigned offense, before breaking the act and simply shrugging with an amused grin.

"I'll admit it's not my best, but I was told once that revealing the full extent of my abilities can lead to my own quick downfall." He continued and with a snap of his fingers, the doppelgängers of my friends disappeared like dust in the wind.

"Smart tactic, but will your massive ego let you get away with not boasting?" I asked sarcastically, green eyes rolling in exasperation. "I'm not sure if you can physically bare it."

"Now, if you could please explain to what you and every other goddamn trial that I've faced in this fucking labyrinth means when you vague little shits say that you sods have been 'expecting me' and 'waiting a very long time to meet me'. Because I am sick and tired of all this cloak and dagger shit." I ranted coldly, hoping for some kind of answers from this asshole.

"But where's the fun in that, Dearie?" He chuckled before snapping his fingers, and my vision went dark.

—:—:—:—:—:—