christmas never felt like christmas again

christmas lights strung up and around with little decor painted in red and green and scented candles burning up and around the house, spreading it's burning wicker of scented cookies and holly - christmas never truly ever felt like christmas again after that last christmas in elementary school. the one with bare feet padding in wet grass, sprinkling oatmeal and glittered reindeer treats in anticipation for santa's visit. the one with child like wonder, chocolate fudge, cookies, and sometimes even chocolate milk as an extra little treat sat on a plate with a handwritten card - 4 scrawled out names with well wishes and merry christmases. the one with joy that only a kid could have at the sight of overflowing stockings and the memory of bliss of the day before with wrappings of red and green and gold and blue, ripped up all over the floor leaving bunches of toys in its wake. christmas never really could feel like christmas again after the sadness started to kick in at the first sight of snow - a once excited buzzing replaced with a sad and wishful gaze - and the genuine happiness that came with christmas songs washed out by the overplaying of once joyful harmonies and overpassionate strains of voices in an attempt to feel the christmas spirit once more. christmas never really felt like chrismas again after that last christmas in elementary school and i truly never think it could feel like christmas ever again.