~35~ Welcome Home

Nearly a month passed, and over the course of that month I had grown closer with Autumn. She could now almost say my name, and had warmed up to me.

Zay and I talked nearly every day, and Shawn called to check in throughout the day. Finally, after about a month and a half, it was time. Topanga had gotten a court date in New York, and my stepdad and I were flying out to New York. I was ecstatic to see my friends and family again, although I had to admit that no matter how horrible Daniel and Alexandra's actions were, I would miss them. That's my problem. I get attached too easily.

Topanga handled Shawn's case, and the whole situation went well. It was decided that since Shawn was my biological father, he'd get parental rights, but Daniel would get visitation rights, and would be labeled my 'De facto parent' (in case of emergency he'd have parental rights.)

I said my goodbyes to Daniel, and he helped me gather my stuff, before I basically ran into Shawn's arms.

"I missed you so much, kid. You have no idea." He said, causing me to smile. Cory and Topanga came over to me, giving me hugs, and driving Shawn and I to their apartment. When we got their, Shawn told me to close my eyes, causing me to furrow my brows.

"I have trust issues." I retorted, crossing my arms, but eventually closing my eyes.

Shawn lead me to the front door, and when we opened the door, a chorus of "CONGRATULATIONS" and "SURPRISES" filled the room.

"KENNZZZIIEEE" Riley screamed as her and Maya ran up to me, embracing me tightly. Farkle was next, and then Lucas... that only left... I pulled away from Lucas, looking around before locking eyes with him.

"Kenz..." He breathed out, smiling as I ran to him, nearly knocking him over. I hugged him tightly before looking up at him and kissing him.

"Five inches!" My dad exclaimed, causing us to roll our eyes.

"I missed you so much." I smiled as we pressed our foreheads together.

"Ahem." Lucas said pointedly, picking me up by the waist and carrying me to the couch. "That's better." He said crossing his arms.

"Why ya gotta be like that?" I asked, crossing my arms with a fake pout.

"Why ya gotta be like that?" He asked back, gesturing to Zay and I.

"Now all of this is lovely and wonderful, but I believe that we have a dinner reservation people." Matthew's piped up, causing me to turn in confusion.

"A dinner reservation!? I don't even have my clothes."

"Oh, Kenzie, we handled that." Riley said, as her and Maya lead me to her room to get changed.

I changed into a peach dress, with Vans and a jean jacket. My hair was already curled from our court date, so I didn't have to worry about that.

Dinner was wonderful, and after, Shawn took me home. I know it sounds crazy, but I really couldn't wait for school tomorrow.

Little short filler chapter for christmas!!! hope y'all have a great day tomorrow/today