40. DOG DAYS ARE OVER

CHAPTER FORTY
[DOG DAYS ARE OVER]

"You came to my city, you're a guest now

"You came to my city, you're a guest now." He smirks. Molly didn't know how to respond. "I'll find you a witch myself."

She cocks her head to the side, eyeing him wearily. "What's the catch?"

"I get the one thing from you that I wanted all those years ago." Klaus lifts his chin. "A hybrid."

Molly immediately looked taken back. "Nik, no." Rebekah shook her head, stepping toward him.

Molly didn't even let his proposal register. "I can find a witch myself." She responds, her lip twitching in anger.

"Oh, but you can't." Klaus sighs. "Witches and wolves don't get along in New Orleans— the chances of getting killed by one is much higher than getting one to help you."

Molly breathes heavily as the smirk grew on Klaus' face. "So what— I become a hybrid and spend the rest of my eternal life being one of your slaves? Just like Tyler was?" She flails her hands out to her side in frustration. "No way."

"Then I guess whoever's stuck in that prison world is just not that important to you." Klaus gives Molly a quick shrug.

Molly was so hung up in the chaos of New Orleans that even the slight mention of that 'someone' sent her into a deep sinking feeling.

"Nicklaus, you're being incredibly difficult today. More so than usual." Elijah speaks up. He steps forward taking Kai's coat back from his hands and handing it to Molly. "She is in need of help, and we will help her. We owe it to her."

Being reunited with her belongings have Molly an immediate sense of comfort— so much so that she didn't even realize what Elijah as saying. "I see you forgot the months of torment I submit to at her hands, brother." Klaus says impatiently.

"And I see you forgot that you were threatening her life for much longer. You have no need for another hybrid." Elijah quickly turns to Klaus, shutting him up. "Despite Molly's past actions, she put her life at risk to save our sister's when our father was in possession of the stake." Molly glances at Rebekah who was staring angrily at Klaus. Elijah turns to Molly. "We will get you a witch."

There is a certain sense of warmth, a fullness of soul and breath that is relief. Molly didn't have to speak for Elijah to realize her thankfulness.

Klaus hangs his head low, hiding his frustrated smirk. "You've gone soft, Elijah." He scoffs, before glancing back up at Molly. His glare burned into her skin, and he spoke with defeat. "Call Davina, have her bring Kol. They'll perform the spell when the moon is at its peak."