Chapter 3

It's been a week and I haven't seen Xavier since that day.
In all honesty I don't think I could take another run in like that. I just want to
Understand what happened. How can he be in love on moment and
not even a little bit the next.

He doesn't want me.

That's all I could seem to think about.
He just got me and he doesn't want me. The cold eyes I looked into are not the
eyes I fell in love with. The kind, resilient, amazing blue eyes are the ones I love.
But those cold, cruel, and dull eyes I saw belong to a completely different person.
It's like he just flipped a switch somewhere and became someone else.

Did I do something wrong?

What happened while I was unconscious?

Did he choose Bianca over me?

...

Completely lost in my thoughts I hadn't even noticed that someone came into my room.
I heard someone awkwardly clear their throat and turned around instantly.
When I did my eyes were met with Emmets.

"I wanted to come and check on you. I knocked a few times but you never responded." He said.
" it's fine and I'm okay thanks." I said looking down at my hands.

"No you're not, you've been eating well and should be doing better than this.
You pale and weak and losing weight. It's only been a little while the toll of losing
a mate shouldn't be this much. I worried you won't make it much longer.
I just got you and I can't take losing you." At the end his voice began to crack.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what's happening to me. I just feel numb and
I don't know what to do about it." I said in a panic.

Emmet came closer and held me close.

"I don't know what to do either." He said softly.

Shortly after he left my room.

I did it know what to do so I left my room to explore the grounds some.
I walked outside of the mansion to go to the gardens. When I finally found it I couldn't believe it.
It's even more beautiful than Xavier's... my mind once again drifted to him.
I'm not sure what the laws are here but is there, divorce?
So many things don't make sense to me right now and I fear that won't change.
I could hear talking from in the garden so I tried to make out what they
were saying.

"You spoke to her!" Bianca said.
"Yes but don't worry I only told her that I don't want her." Xavier said.

She moved closer to him with a smirk and said into his ear, "Well at least you did something right."

A pain shot through my chest as the proceeded to kiss.
I could bare to watch. So I did what I do best I ran away hoping the hurt would stop.
Tears streamed down my face as I ran out of breath, to weak to continue.
Looking around i can barely see all the trees through the darkness.
I don't know how I could get this far away I barely ran any.

I hear a limb snap in the distance behind me.
I turned but it was too late and the thing had already lunged at me.
I scream in agony as the claws tear through my skin.
Yellow eyes is the last thing I saw before darkness overcame the pain.

Right when the attack happened

Emmet's POV:

I was searching for Gidget when I heard the scream.
My heart started to pound with fear because I knew it was her.
I ran as fast as I could in the direction of the scream.
I could faintly make out the silhouette of the beast as I approached.
And I know exactly what it is.
Unfortunately however he ran off before I got there and I was too worried about Gidget to care.

"Gidget... Gidget, come on just open your eyes. Please." I begged as I held her lifeless body in my trembling arms.

I picked her up carrying her to the house and yelling for them to fetch the doctors.
As I entered Xavier was standing there with Bianca smiling.
He turned and gaze upon the torn and tattered Gidget.
The smile fell into a sorrow I've never seen before.
He should feel bad for her though, he shouldn't feel anything for her.

I hurried with her to the doctors and they instantly took over.
People were all around her. They were about to give her blood when I had to stop them.

"Stop! She can't have that." I yelled making them freeze.
"Then what does she drink?" A Doctor asked.
"Vampire Blood."
"Can you give her some?"
I nodded in response.

It seemed like hours had passed before the doctors finally came out of the room.

"How is she?" I asked.
"She's stable for now but the blood still isn't giving her the nourishment she needs to survive."
"How long does she have?"
"Maybe the night. We have nothing else to try. I'm sorry."
"I have something else." I said as I rushed off.

I walked up to the door and knocked.
After a moment someone opened the door.

"Hello Xavier..."

🥀🥀🥀

A/N

It's a real short chapter again. Sorry it's been so long guys but think
of this as my Christmas present to you. I love you guys so much. You have no idea how much the support
you have given means. I never thought I would get any response let alone a positive one.
I am so grateful and happy to be a part of your reading lists.

Please 🌸VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE 🌸

I hope you have a fantastic Christmas.
Love you all.
Merry Christmas 🎄

~ Sadie🖤

🥀🥀🥀