Chapter Forty-Two

Chapter Forty-Two:

Bryce's POV

The world was a blur as I drove to the hospital.

The only words going through my head were Blossom. Blossom. Blossom. I need my Blossom to be okay.

As soon as Kathleen told me what had happened, I hung up the phone and began to cry. I gave Scarlett a brief explanation before I shoved my feet into a pair of shoes and practically ran out the door and to my car.

I don't know how I was able to function well enough to drive to the hospital considering that my heart was pounding and my vision was completely blurred due to the tears, but I somehow managed.

It can't end like this. I'll never be able to forgive myself if she were to die while we're on bad terms.

She's too young to die, too. She's so full of life and she's the most talented person that I know. She can't die before she gets a chance to live her dream and be on Broadway, something that she's worked far too hard for for it to all be ruined now.

Apparently she was hit by a car while crossing the street. I'm sure she was distracted and not looking where she was going because she was probably unable to think straight, not to mention that I'm sure she was crying just as hard as I am.

It's as though my brain isn't even telling my body what to do as I hurry through the hospital hallways, scanning the walls for Blossom's room number. When I find the room, I let out a sob of relief. The door is open and two nurses are inside, staring at something on a screen as one of them takes notes.

The room is empty except for two chairs in the corner by the window and a hospital bed.

Laying on the bed, hooked up to some machine, is Blossom.

I let out another sob, slowly entering the room. The nurse who isn't taking notes spins around to face me, and I freeze on the spot. "Excuse me, but you shouldn't be in here at the moment," she says sternly.

I feel my lower lip trembling as I reply. "But that's my girl. Is she going to be okay?"

The nurse sighs, glancing towards Blossom, who looks completely fine except for the fact that her eyes as shut as though she's sleeping. I can only assume that she hasn't had any major injuries, thank fucking God.

"Who are you?" the nurse asks calmly.

"I'm her boyfriend. I wish I could be her husband instead, but apparently, eighteen is too young to get married. We live together, though, and I love her with my whole heart. I need to be here for her," I whisper.

The nurse stares at me for a moment before giving me a small smile that's laced with pity. "You're welcome to take a seat. We're almost finished up in here for now. Alexandra hasn't sustained any major injuries that will require surgery. Only a small cut on the side of her head that should heal properly on its own, not stitches required. She is in a coma at the moment as she hit her head pretty hard and it is likely that she has a severe concussion. We will have to run further tests once the patient wakes up. For now, she is stable, and we will just have to wait and see if her condition umpires."

All I can do is nod at the nurse. She gives me a smile before heading back off to whisper something to the other nurse. The two of them chat for a minute or so before the nurse who had spoken to me originally smiles at me and says, "We're done running tests for now. Please inform someone if Alexandra's condition changes."

Once again, I simply nod in response.

The nurses both smile at me before exiting the room, gently shutting the door behind them.