*- 39 - I would forever be his Homeschooled

"Here lies Mary Y/L/N", Fred mumbled as I laid down the bouquet of soft pink dahlias. They had always been her favourite. I hadn't visited my mum's grave in a year and it was weird being here again.

"I'll wait outside. Just come back when you're ready. Take your time", he said. He gave me a kiss on my head and left.

I sat down and sighed, brushing some dirt from her stone.

"Hey mum", I said, wiping away a tear. "That was Fred, my boyfriend. We've only been together for a couple of months, but I know he is the one, mum. You always told me that one day, my knight in shining armor would arrive and he did, mum."

My voice was shaky and my hands were sweaty.

"I miss you a lot, but I'm doing good. I have made a lot of friends at Hogwarts and Fred's family is really good to me. You would love them if you had gotten the chance to meet them."

I fiddled with the hem of the blue-greyish dress I got from Hermione on my birthday.

"School starts in two days. Just one more year and then I'll graduate. I'm going to help Fred and his twin brother George in their joke shop. We're working really hard on it."

I stood up and brushed the sand off my dress. There was so much to say, yet so little too.

"I know you're with me mum and I'll never forget you. Just know that I'm happy, okay? I'm really happy."

New tears spilled as I walked away from her grave. I wanted to visit Cedric's grave too, but that wound was still too fresh. One day I would.

"Are you okay?" Fred asked. I didn't say anything, but I just wrapped my arms around him and pulled him close. I just needed a hug right now.

"I'll be okay", I said and inhaled his scent, which calmed me down. He combed my hair with his fingers and rested his chin on my head. My blue pendant wasn't shining, but that was okay.

"You will be."

We stood there for a while until all the sadness had turned into calmness.

"Are you ready for the next destination?" Fred asked and I raised a brow.

"Next destination?"

"Come on, hold my hand", he said and got out his wand. I took his hand and got ready to apparate. I didn't know where we were going, so I couldn't apparate there myself. Fred closed his eyes, flicked his wand and a cold sensation washed over me. My feet left the ground and then touched it again. I opened my eyes and was mesmerized by the sight. In front of me were green hills that had lost colour on some places due to the bright sun. The air was fresh and smelled like summer. At the bottom of one hill was a house and without ever having seen the building before, I knew this was the Burrow. It looked insane, yet cozy and magical.

"This is my home", Fred said and I could see that he was very happy to be back here. He told me once that he didn't like living at Grimmauld Place. It was too small and strict for him.

"It's amazing", I said.

"Come on, let's go." He pulled me by my hand down the hill and towards the building.

We walked to the entrance and I admired the building up close whilst Fred unlocked the door. The inside was even more magical. We entered the kitchen and my eyes had a hard time processing everything that I was seeing. There was a huge clock on the wall left of me, but it had no numbers at all, just little sentences like "time to make tea" or "time to feed the chicken" or "you're late". There was a large table in the middle of the kitchen with at least a dozen chairs, but none of them matched. I loved it. I stepped into the living room and took everything in.