𝐈𝐕 ━━ The Feast

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐓

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄 was dull. Elara clambered into a near-full carriage with some second years to avoid the fervent stares of the Golden Trio plus Neville and Ginny. Although, sitting with a bunch of second-years didn't prove much better as they were all wide-eyed and whispering crazily whilst sitting as far away from Elara as possible.

The coach smelled faintly of mold and straw. Elara felt better since the chocolate, but still weak. The second-years kept looking at her sideways, as though frightened she might hex them. She had to admit, the prospect of doing so was tempting

As the carriage trundled toward a pair of magnificent wrought iron gates, flanked with stone columns topped with winged boars, Elara saw two more towering, hooded Dementors, standing guard on either side. A wave of cold sickness threatened to engulf her again; she leaned back into the lumpy seat and closed her eyes until they had passed the gates. The carriage picked up speed on the long, sloping drive up to the castle; Elara was leaning out of the tiny window, watching the many turrets and towers draw nearer. At last, the carriage swayed to a halt, and Elara waited until the second-years were out.

She often wondered why no one spoke of or seemed to notice the strange-looking horses that pulled the carriage as she stepped onto the stoned ground.

"You fainted, Potter? Is Longbottom telling the truth? You actually fainted?"

Before anyone else could stand up to him, Elara called, "I did too, Draco. Pick on me instead, why don't you?"

Draco turned to stare at Elara, who was stood still a couple of yards behind him.

"So, Potter," drawled Draco, not tearing his gaze away from Elara, "seems like you got a girlfriend."

"Shove off, Malfoy," said Ron, whose jaw was clenched.

"Did you faint as well, Weasley?" said Draco loudly. "Did the scary old Dementor frighten you too, Weasley?"

"Is there a problem?" said a mild voice. 

Professor Lupin had just gotten out of the next carriage behind Elara's. Draco gave Professor Lupin an insolent stare, which took in the patches on his robes and the dilapidated suitcase.