Epilogue

I was basically dragging Damon into his dad's office. Max and Eva were both there, discussing something at the desk.

"Olivia, Damon! How nice of you guys to drop by," Max smiled at us, motioning for us to sit. "What brings you to my office."

I nudged Damon, who didn't want to do this in the first place. But I told him that if we actually wanted a serious shot at this, then his parents had the right to know the truth.

"Olivia and I have something to tell you." Damon started nervously.

Eva began jumping around, clapping excitedly. "Oh, Liv! You're pregnant aren't you? I'm going to get grandbabies!" I felt my cheeks begin to heat up as I shook my head no.

"That's not it, Mom." Damon coughed a little. "Our engagement was a sham."

They both shared at us with wide eyes as Damon continued, explaining from start to finish. I hid in Damon's side as they stared at me in disappointment and horror.

"Look, Ev- Mrs. Blackwood," I started, wanting to defend myself. "I know what I did wasn't right, but I needed the money for my brother's hospital bills and to put myself through college. I won't stand here saying I did nothing wrong, but I full well intended to pay that money back as soon as I could." I swallowed nervously as she didn't react. "And I love Damon, I do. I would never do anything to hurt him and I'm not with him for the money."

She smiled at me softly, catching me off guard. "I know, sweetie. But you," She turned to Damon, pointing at him accusingly. "How dare you lie to your parents like this? How are we supposed to trust you after this?"

He ducked down guiltily. "I know Mom. I'm sorry."

Max spoke up for the first time. "How am I supposed to hand down the company to you in a month after hearing about this?"

"Look, Dad, I know what I did was wrong. But you can trust me. I won't screw up again." Damon pleaded with his Dad.

I was second guessing my idea to come clean to his parents. The company meant the world to Damon and he had spent almost his whole life working towards becoming the CEO.

Max glanced at me and spoke again. "You got lucky that Olivia was a good person. What if you picked someone else, who would have ruined you?" Damon opened his mouth, but no words came out.

Max continued. "It would have ruined this company, which just shows that you just can't be trusted yet."

Damon was about to protest, but Max kept going before he could. "So now you're going to have to choose. The company or Olivia?"

Eva almost jumped on her husband. "Max! What are you doing?" She shrieked. He ignored her and stared at Damon, awaiting his decision.

I felt a sick pit in the bottom of my stomach, but I knew what I had to do. The company meant so much to him, I wasn't letting him give that up for me. I rubbed his arm soothingly before stepping away from him. "It's okay, Damon. I understand."

He looked down at me with a blank look in his eyes. Then he looked back up at his dad angrily. "It's not a difficult choice. I would choose Liv every time. Your company can go screw itself." He tightened his grip on me, pulling me back to him.

I felt my heart skip a beat, and I wanted to jump for joy. But Damon, this isn't what I wanted for him. I knew how much he loved his job, I didn't want him to give that up for me.

"Mr. Blackwood, please don't make Damon choose. He loves his job and all I want is for him to be happy. He's worked harder than anyone I know and he deserves the company." I was basically begging for Mr. Blackwood to reconsider what he was doing.

Max smiled at me before turning to Damon. "That's all I needed to hear, son. I let this foolishness go on long enough, hoping it would teach you something."

Everyone in the room turned to him in surprise. "Y-you knew?" I asked him.

He nodded, smiling. "Damon is not as good a liar as he like to think, at least not around me. I did a little digging after the first day we met, and I was waiting for him to come clean."

Eva glared at him. "So you knew for an entire year and didn't say a thing to me." She pointedly turned her back to him angrily.

His eyes widened as he realized the repercussions that would most likely be coming from Eva. I held in a giggle as he turned toward her nervously. "Honey, I just wanted them to figure it out without you interfering."

She harrumphed and winked at us. "So now you're calling me a busybody?" We snuck out of their office laughing as Eva continued berating a very scared Max.

I looked up at Damon happily. "Thank you for choosing me. You know, I would've understood if you chose the company."

He kissed my temple as he walked out of the building. "I was telling the truth Liv, it was never a choice. I would choose you over everything."

I wrapped my arms around him, glad that we were finally getting our happy ending. He was more than just mine for the year. "I love you Damon."

~~~

I didn't want my epilogue to be TOO basic so I tried something else.

HI GUYS SO I JUST SAW A TIK TOK WHERE SOMEONE COMMENTED ABOUT THIS BOOK SO COMMENT IF THATS WHERE U CAME FROM!!!! It's so cool that people enjoyed my book enough to tell other people about thank you guys so much love you❤️❤️❤️ ~catrynaa

Also please y'all chill I know this book isn't amazing and has plot holes but I wrote it when I was in middle school please give me a break😔😔 I haven't taken it down just because I hope some people like it and it's sentimental for me, love y'all❤️