chapter 3: Cruelty

AN: I DO NOT OWN KIMETSU NO YAIBA AND NARUTO EXCEPT MY OC!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nanami's POV

A few months have passed since I arrived into this world and into the Kamado family's lives. I was able to adjust this life that I'm living ever since I was transported here alive. In exchange for their generosity, I helped them out whether it's household chores or even their coal business.

During my stay, the Kamado family treated me as if I was part of their family, which felt warm in my chest come to think of it. They even go as far as buying my own kimono and an orange and black haori, even if they didn't have much, as a surprise for my birthday. I mostly told them about me and my twin brother and would reminisce the memories that I have with him. I miss him actually, but I know that he's going to be okay and would achieve our dream to become hokage. Kurama and I got along well, even though we bicker a lot. He is more of a lazy, jerk of a fox.

When I went with Tanjiro to the local town for the first time, the townsmen were a bit skeptical at first but thankfully Tanjiro reassured them about it and welcomed me with open arms. It feels really nice, back at Konoha me and my brother were treated as outcasts and hated for no reason. I then heard whispers among the townsmen about how I'm just as pretty as Nezuko-Chan, with the red hair and a pretty face. There were times that men would come up to me and ask for my hand in marriage, which I reject every single one. But not all of them were on the same boat, there was one time that someone called me a 'tomato' in front of everyone along with Tanjiro and his siblings.

He pointed out the reason on why I was called that old nickname that I got back when I was in the elemental nations. I would usually shrug it off and walk away with a tick mark but one of his goons had the nerve to pull my hair back and by instinct I grabbed his arm that pulled my hair and glared at him.

"Who're you calling a tomato? for your information... I hate tomatoes too, dattebane!" I said to them.

And before they know it, they were turned into smash tomatoes. And by then, I was called a new nickname which coincidentally just happens to be my okaa-san's nickname. The red hot-blooded habanero. I was known as the woman with long red hair who beat the men who dare cross me. And after that no one ever said 'tomato' in front of my face ever again. The man and his goons are now walking around with bandages on them and whenever they see me, they would sweat profusely and acted polite towards me then run away. But don't worry I only use a small amount of strength to beat them.

Kie-san told me to don't do it again unless it's needed. Hanako and Nezuko would always say how strong I was and wanted to be strong like me so that they can defend their family too. Needless to say for the boys except Rokuta, I could tell that they were scared of me after that but eventually let it go. As for Rokuta, well I could have sworn I saw sparkles in his eyes and tried to copy my fighting style which I find it cute.

All I could say is that life with the Kamado family has been good, they didn't have much but they were happy, it's peaceful.

But when happiness ends there's always.... the scent of blood.
—————————————————————————————————————-

I was helping Tanjiro-kun on loading up his basket with coal so that he could sell them in town and have enough money for New Years, when Kie-San came in and said: "Tanjiro! Nanami! Your faces are covered with soot. Come here."

We then come over to her as she wipes our faces, "it's dangerous with all this snow. You don't have to go, you know. Especially you Nanami-Chan." She said.

"Well, I want everyone to eat their fill on New Year's, so I'm gonna sell as much charcoal as I can." Tanjiro-kun said.

"And you don't have to worry Kie-San, we can handle this, dattebane." I added, to reassure her that it's gonna be alright.