The Engagement

"Now, Lala. You can see that this is...."

Who is it? Who is it?!'  Lala's mind rushes like the wind full of curious questions.

"...ah, I forgot his name." Her Father said, while forgetting to pull the cloth off the portrait that has been covering it.

"Father! How could you forget?" She said in a furious manner.

"Just kidding! Just kidding." Oh, she had forgotten that her father is a joker.

"Urghh! Father!" She's still mad, although she's quite relieved. "So, who's he?"

"Ah, yes." He finally pulled off the cloth and revealed the portrait's face. The boy in the portrait was quite good-looking and cute. He has a blonde hair while Lala's hair is black. His eyes are pure blue compared to her who has a shade of green. His facial features are also good than an average 8 year old has. Somehow, looking at his face is strikingly familiar.

"This is Albert Blanc." Her Father finally said.

Now, the name Blanc had gotten her. She knew someone who's name has a Blanc for a surname, it was "Livia Blanc." She doesn't remember where she could know someone who has a name like that, it must be from her past life.

"Woah," Lala seemed to let her thoughts out.

"See! He's a good lad, he'll be perfect for you. Right, Nana?" Her Father asked at the end.

"Absolutely, sir! They're perfect for each other." Nana said positively.

"Now then, you're engaged to him. I'll write a letter for his father, Jonathan Blanc, for our reply of the request.

"Okay...?" Lala awkwardly replied to them, she felt nervous to be already engaged. She never had a boyfriend or any experience of dating someone in her past life.

"Really? That's good news!" Someone had interrupted them. It was her beautiful mother, Lily Anderston. "Frank, dear, are you sure Lala is okay with her engagement?"

"Mother! Yes I'm fine with it. In fact, I want to meet him." Lala said with enthusiasm.

"Is that so? Fine, we'll arrange a meeting." Her Mother said. "Dear? When's your meeting with Jonathan? That'll be the time where we can meet his son....."

Lala was immersed in her thoughts. She really needs to meet Albert as soon as possible. She wants to know why all of these are so familiar.

To be continued...