Chapter 138: YZH VI

Ming Yan can no longer return to Song Wei Long.

Not that I am forcing her to remain by my side, but because of what I've done, Song Wei Long is not the same man she fell in love with. His ambitions only involve killing me to restore his father's glory as the ruler of Jianghu.

Although I did help fuel the war between the Immortal Sects, it was not my intention to unleash the battle years ago. The Immortal Sects saw themselves to be above the law and believed their words were the teachings of Gods. Even the Royal Family feared that the Immortal Sects' corruption would soon elevate to seizing control over their empire.

Secretly, Bleak Night had received requests from politicians to protect them from the Immortal Sects, even the Emperor himself. The purpose of Bleak Night is not to serve those in power. However, my hatred for the Immortal Sects indirectly aided those who oppose them. It led me to form unlikely acquaintances from the political side.

Ming Yan saved me after I was heavily injured by the previous Sect Leader Song. Not know my true identity, she felt the need to save my life. Even when she learned of my position as the demon Yang Zi Huo, she came to Bleak Night to further my treatment.

"Sect Leader, the injuries you've received from the battle are somehow now reversing the healing process. It is nothing I've come across before," Physician Wei reported.

Sitting on the bed, I closed my eyes. My body was rejecting its own healing elements. I had not seen my face in the mirror those past few weeks, but I was sure I didn't look well. My internal organs suffered enormous blows from the Immortal Sect Leaders, and who knows what that little physician girl did when I was unconscious in the tomb.

"It is fine. You may leave. Gu Yi?" Physician Wei bowed and left the room as Gu Yi walked in.

"Sect Leader." Gu Yi cupped his hands, staring at the ground.

"Find that girl for me. The one who saved me in that tomb. Her name was... Mingxian. Qie Mingxian. I believe she's the grand niece of Sect Leader Qie."

"Qie Mingxian? From what I know, Sect Leader has a grand niece who goes by Qie Ming Yan, not Qie Mingxian."

Huh? I don't remember names well after meeting just once. Either way, she did something strange to me in that tomb. She must answer for her what she has done. Is she really a physician? How come I'm doing worse?

"Doesn't matter. Find her and bring her here."

Gu Yi's face became pale. His eyes stared widely at me with the most perplexed expression. "Yes-- Yes, Sect Leader."

Unexpectedly, she came to the doorsteps of Bleak Night of her own accord. I was surprised she came not knowing what I was going to do with her. If you were wanted by Bleak Night or if your very own name was mentioned by me, it would not end up well for you.

Inside the Hall of Blue Flames, she didn't dare to look at me. Holding my composure, I held my nose in the air and I observed her demeanor. Could this be a trap set by her betrothed Song Wei Long?

"Sect-- Sect Leader, you wished to see me?" She stuttered.

She was a delicate thing. Frail and small, her light dress framed her stature like an overflowing cloud.

I teleported close to her, grabbing her wrist. "What did you do to me in that tomb?"

"What-- What do you mean?!"

"My wounds are not healing as normally. You did something weird to my body."

"I didn't! I-- I wouldn't!"