After The Benefits End - Part 26

*Dan POV*

I was sat on the sofa with Luke and Evie watching the soaps. Evie had won...not that I was concentrating on what was on the TV. My mind was on this afternoon with Liv...remembering every last second of it...treasuring it. I just hoped it wasn’t the last time I got to kiss her...to be with her.

I heard a key in the front door and my heart fluttered knowing she was home.

The door flew open and in stumbled Katy holding a very drunk Liv.

“Oh my god.” Evie gasped looking at them

“Little help here boys.” Katy says and I get up off the sofa walking over to them

“She needs her bed.” Evie sighs getting up “I’ll get her some water, take her up to bed Dan please.”

I wrap my arms around Liv’s waist and she shrugs me off stumbling over to the sofa and lying down. I sighed looking at Luke who ushered me over to her. As I walked over I realised she was passed out.

“She’s asleep.” I laugh slightly

“That was fast.” Luke replied, laughing quietly

I slipped my arms under her legs and arms lifting her up. I walked up the stairs and placed her on top of her quilt, tucking the blanket over her that was lay at the bottom of her bed. 

“Here’s her water Dan.” Evie whispers walking quietly into the room

“Ahh cheers Evie.” I reply taking it off her and placing on Liv’s bedside table.

“You leaving her sleep?” she asks me

“I will...I just wanna watch her for a bit...make sure she’s not sick.”

“Okay...I’ll come check on her soon.”

I heard the bedroom door shut as I sat down on the edge of her bed, moving her hair gently out of her face.

I just sat there watching her sleep, I took her hand in mine and linked our fingers together. I felt her close her fingers through mine, making me smile to myself. I rubbed my thumb over her hand softly, “I love you so much Tink.” I whisper kissing her hand before getting up.

“I love you too Dan.” I heard her whisper; my head shot round to her her looking at me. Her eyes filling up with tears.

I slowly walked over to her and crouched down beside her. I stroked her cheek slowly and watched how her eyes closed causing her tears to fall as she leaned into my hand.

“I’m so sorry.” I whisper and she nods 

“I know.” She croaked before opening her eyes again.

I leaned in closer to her, I was risking it again...

I thought she was going to respond when she blurted out “I’m gona be sick.” She pushed me away from her stumbling into her en-suit.

I followed behind her, pulling her hair out the way and rubbing her back. I found a bobble by the sink and tied her hair up before picking up her glass of water Evie had brought her.

“Thanks.” She whispered after cleaning herself up, brushing her teeth and climbed back into bed.

“Anything for you , you know that.” I mumbled kissing her forehead before walking towards the door when her hand reached for mine.

“Everything okay?”

“Stay with me.” She whispered and I nodded, trying so hard not to smile.