Modern AOTxReader (Christmas Special)

*This is an AU where all the characters are high schoolers. Eren, the reader, and the others are freshman (or first years). While Hange and Levi are juniors (or third years). 

When Y/n celebrates Christmas. 

Today was Christmas Eve and usually, it would be a busy day for me. When my grandparents were still alive, they would rush back and forth trying to get everything ready. That included presents, Christmas dinner, so last-minute decorations. 

In other words, Christmas is not the same without them. 

Now that they're gone, it just doesn't feel right. To make matters worse, it's awfully quiet. 

Eren and Mikasa were nowhere to be found. Carla left a while ago to shop for some last-minute presents and Grisha was finishing up his last shift at the hospital. Which meant I was alone in the living room watching A Christmas Carol while drinking hot chocolate and cookies that Carla made for me before she left. 

The living room was covered with bright lights and festive decorations as the Christmas Tree sat near the TV decorated with ornaments and a bright yellow star on top. I remember helping Eren and Mikasa decorate the tree. They allowed me to put the star on top since I was technically the youngest of the family. 

Just then I heard nearby footsteps come into the kitchen, which was pretty close to the living room. I heard small whispers which sounded like Eren and Mikasa quietly talking with one another. 

I was curious. What were they talking about?

"Are you sure everyone knows about this? We need everyone on board." I managed to hear Mikasa say. 

"Yeah, I just texted everyone in the group chat a while ago. They all know about it." Eren quietly responded. 

"Okay, so what's the plan? She is the curious type. She'll know what's going on if we keep moving a lot. Don't forget about him too."

"Don't worry. Don't worry. I already called him up. He should be here in a minute."

What the heck are they talking about? Well...not like it's none of my concern. 

 The movie was nearly over until I heard the doorbell ring. 

"Oh! Y/n! Can you go get that!? Thanks!" I heard Eren also call from the kitchen. 

I mentally sighed and lazily made my way towards the door. I opened it and was surprised to see Levi standing there. 

What's he doing here?

"Uh..."

"Where's Eren?"

I looked back and Eren quickly approached us. 

"Ah, Levi. There you are!"

"Why'd you call me?"

"I called you over to ask you a favor."

"You could have just texted me the favor."

"Well you're here now so might as well just ask you."

He sighed. 

"What do you want?"

"Can you take Y/n out around town?"

What!?

"What?" Levi asked. 

"Y/n's new to this part of town because she and her grandparents used to live so far away. But now that she's living with us, she hasn't got the time to explore town that much. So can you take her around a bit? It would be such a big help. Thank you, bye!" Eren pushed me towards Levi and closed the door.