After The Benefits End - Part 27

*Dan POV*

I sat back down on the sofa, letting my tears fall down my cheeks. Something had happened to her, I just knew it had. Something was making her angry and upset and it wasn't just the accident. Her music blasting away from her room. I didn't expect to hear the slow love songs. 

Just then the front door opened and in walked Evie and Luke carrying loads of shopping bags.

"Where have you been?" I mumble

"We went and picked some things up for the baby." Luke grinned and I nodded at them

"Dan what's happened?" Evie sighed walking over to me

"We had another argument…but there's something she's not telling me I just know it."

Her eyes met mine before looking away to Luke. "He deserves to know Evie."

"Deserves to know what?" I ask

"It’s not my place to tell him."

"Tell me what?"

I heard Liv's bedroom door open as the music became suddenly louder. 

“Evie?”

“Down here .” Evie replied

She walked down the stairs half way before stopping, her puffy red eyes met mine for a second before looking back at Evie. 

“Where’s all the stuff gone from your room?”

I glanced over to Luke and Evie who were looking at each other. “I’ve moved it all into Luke’s room.” Evie smiled at her slightly

“We’re turning it into a nursery.” Luke continued

“Oh right, cool.” Liv replied quietly. Evie walked towards the stairs but Liv began to retreat back up them

“Liv...” Evie begins

“Evie don’t...I’m fine.”

“Can someone please tell me what’s going on?” I ask

“You need to tell him?” Evie says to Liv

“I can’t...”

“Luke knows.” Evie replies, both of them completely blanking my question.

I glance over at Luke who looked at me with a pained expression.

“How could you?” Liv snapped

“I had to tell him.”

“You didn’t HAVE to do anything.”

“He deserves to know Liv.”

“I deserve to know what? What don’t I know about?” I ask getting up and walking towards Evie.

I look at Evie whose eyes were locked with Liv’s. Both of them glistening with tears. 

“Evie I can’t. I told you....it hurts too much. It’s...I can’t do it.” Liv whispered retreating further up the stairs.

“Tell me what?” I ask again, looking at her....she was hurting.

She reached the top of the stairs shaking her head before turning into her bedroom shutting her door behind her.

I went to follow her when Evie grabbed my arm making me turn in her direction.

“She won’t tell you Dan.” She cries before walking over to Luke who hugs her so tightly.

“I need to speak to her Evie, she’s my best friend. I can see she’s hurting. I can feel it.”

“I know Dan.”