Chapter 43

Chapter 43-
• • •

        As I began to come to my senses, I felt all warm and fuzzy. A protective arm was wrapped around my waist, and I felt my body pressed up against his.

I was wearing one of his shirts, but he was shirtless as we laid entangled under the sheets. I snuggled more into him and let the smile reach its way to my face as I took in his pleasant scent.

I still couldn't believe that Ashton was my boyfriend now. The 'L' word came creeping into my thoughts, but I disregarded it as I began to feel as though I had forgotten something I had to do.

Wait a secon- O SHIT.

I shot up, startling Ashton awake and scaring him shitless.

"Jesus- what?" He asked, confused as hell and barely awake. I checked the time.

"Shittt," I said and climbed out of the bed.

"Well good morning to you, too," he chuckled, still confused but now more awake. He sat up in his bed, causing the sheets to fall down just enough to reveal his abs.

"We have school," I tried not to get distracted by his shirtless, disheveled appearance as I searched for my clothes.

"Oh, right," he casually remembered. "I must have forgotten to set an alarm," he added nonchalantly.

I gave him an incredulous look as I finally found my shirt. Just as I went to pick it up, I accidentally knocked over a glass of water onto the floor from his night table. I held back about 8 different profanities as I picked up my soaked shirt.

I heard him let out a laugh on the bed and turned around to glare at him. He casually got out of his bed and walked over to his dresser after opening the shades a little to let more light in.

I watched him as he opened one of the drawers and pulled out a red sweatshirt. He threw it at me without any warning and it landed on my head.

The smell of his sweatshirt filled my senses. When I took it off my head, I raised an eyebrow.

"You want me to wear your sweatshirt to school?" I asked. He slipped his pants on with a smug smile.

"I mean if you want to go shirtless then be my guest." He said, acknowledging the fact that there was no other option at the moment. I rolled my eyes.

"Turn around," I told him as I began to lift his big shirt off of me. When he did nothing of the sort, I continued anyway.

"I saw it all last night," he reminded me with a small smirk.

"But it was dark last night," I said.

"Yeah, so it's even better now," he countered, and I rolled my eyes.

After putting my bra and leggings back on, I slipped the sweatshirt over my head. GodDAMN that thing was comfy. If he thought he was getting that shit back he'd be wildly mistaken.

After we both had gotten dressed, I quickly rinsed my face and put my hair in a messy bun. I had some waterproof mascara left over from the day before, so I didn't look completely like a sixth grade boy. After brushing my teeth with an extra toothbrush he had, I met him downstairs.

"What took you so long?" He said lightheartedly as he finished eating the banana in his hand.

"Hey you have a lot less to do in the morning than me. I don't wanna hear it," I responded, not in the mood. He grinned at me as he grabbed his keys and began walking toward the door.

When we got in his car he still had a hint of a smile on his face

"What?" I asked him. He simply looked at me, scanned over my face with his eyes, and grinned harder as he returned his focus to the car to back out of the driveway.