Chapter Ten: 'You Shall Not Pass'

Her blades flashed around her as she stabbed orc after orc that came within her reach. She smiled as she saw that the Hobbits were holding their own against their opponents. Sam wielded his frying pan rather well.

She watched as Aragorn beheaded an Orc, it's black blood spewing out of its neck. Adara stabbed another Orc before she stopped, once again looking at the Hobbits to make sure they were fine when she found that Frodo was not there. Her eyes moved frantically, looking at her surroundings to spot the dark haired Hobbit when she heard her name being called, "Adara! Aragorn!" She heard his little voice scream out. Running towards where she had seen the troll last, she made it just in time to see Frodo stabbed right the middle with the troll wielded spear.

"Ugh...uh!" Came out of Frodo's mouth before he went limp. Everyone in the room watched the scene in shock.

Knowing that he was fine did not stop the scream of pain and anger Adara let out before she raced towards the troll. She watched as a strong resolve took over Merry's and Pippin's faces as they jumped onto the troll from their position above it, mercilessly stabbing it wherever they could reach.

"Frodo!" Sam yelled. The small Hobbit rushed towards his friend bravely, the others following closely behind the Hobbit as they fought fiercely towards the young Ring bearer.

Frodo slumped to the floor, the spear sticking out of his chest. The troll flailed at its head and grabbed Merry, swinging him around and throwing him to the ground. Gandalf and Gimli took turns stabbing at the troll and dodging out of range while Legolas took aim. With Pippin stabbing it in the head, the troll opened its mouth. Legolas shooting his arrow up into the brain through the mouth of the troll. The troll stopped fighting for a moment as it's hand fumbled towards its mouth where the arrow was.

With a loud, pain filled groan, it collapsed to the ground, dead. There is a moment of silence before scurrying is heard as the remaining Orcs and Goblins rushed out the door after seeing the troll fall.

Gandalf rushed to Frodo while Aragorn stormed over to Adara, looking into her eyes with such a burning rage. "Is this what you saw?," he hissed, trying to keep his voice down but knowing that with the silence in the room, everyone could hear. "Why did you not speak up when you could have? Is Frodo not your friend aswell?"

His blue eyes looked at her with such accusation and betrayal as if he could not handle even being in the same vicinity as her. She merely stared back at the man, her heart slowly breaking from his words but she did not reply, only walked towards the fallen Frodo.

Arriving at his body while the Hobbits cried next to Frodo with Gandalf, Adara looked back over her shoulder at the Ranger with an unreadable expression on her face before turning back around pulling her water bottle out of her pack. She poured a small amount of water on his somewhat pale face.

The cold water caused Frodo to groan, gasping for breath. "He's alive!" Sam exclaimed as he pulled Frodo away from Adara and into his arms.

"I'm alright." Frodo reassured them.

Adara nodded at the Hobbit, her mind occupied with other things. She walked away from the group of Hobbits and Wizard, passing Aragorn on the way and not sparing him a glance or a word. She moved towards the door, knowing what was about to happen. Talk of mithril reached her ears as the others happily celebrate that Frodo was alive.

Adara had her sword drawn, removing small scraps of skin and blood when she heard footsteps approaching from behind her. "Adar-" Aragorn began to say when Orcs were heard approaching them.

The group quietened down when Gandalf announced to them. "To the Bridge of Khazad-dûm!"

******