Chapter One

PARANORMAL,CHAPTER ONE

PARANORMAL,
CHAPTER ONE

SCOTT REYNOLDS OFFERED the camera a seemingly tired smile. The funny thing is? None of the people on the other end of that screen would have ever noticed the difference. All they would ever care about was that he was faking a smile. "Good morning, Ghost Busters, and welcome to the first ever Mystery Kids live stream. I'm Scott Reynolds and this is primarily my channel, but if this is your first time seeing my handsome face", he gave the camera a flirtatious wink, "Then you are in for a real treat. The past few months you've all been asking why don't we do a live to show you guys our process from start to finish, and to prove the naysayers wrong... So, that's what we're gonna do. I'll tell you about our call in a second, but first I want you to meet the crew. Behind the camera there is my little cousin, Mason. Say hello to the people, Mason."

"I'm barely two years younger than you", the dark haired boy grumbled. Still, he swung the camera around so it would face him. The dark haired boy was just barely growing into his features, but he was becoming quite the handsome young man. Slightly slanted dark brown eyes squinted slightly as his thin lips curled up into a smile. "Sup." It quickly panned back to Scott. Mason didn't like the spotlight. It was the main reason he was behind the camera.

Scott and Mason didn't share many features as cousins. Both had brown eyes, but Mason's were more chocolate colored and Scott's were more warm, almost hazel, like caramel. Both boys had strong jawlines and thick brows, but that was it. Mason's nose was straighter and slimmer. Scott's was still crooked from the time some punk hit on his baby sister, and he started a fight over it. [News Flash: he won.] Mason's hair was so dark that it was nearly black, and he kept it gelled up. He was also more olive toned than his cousin. They did, however, share one odd trait. Both their ears stuck out just slightly, the tips of which were almost always red. Scott was just more chiseled than Mason, in all. He was a football star, so of course he had grown up broad shouldered and rock solid. Being in the game since peewees would do that to you. Mason on the other hand, had more of a dancer's body. It was his guilty pleasure, after all.

Mason tip toed on stage and Scott thought with his fists. It was a running joke between the two.

"He's nineteen, but he's still a baby to me", Scott explained with a shrug. He motioned for Mason to follow him. "Almost everyone in our group has The Sight. Mason does too, I think it must run in the family, but he doesn't fuck with us."

"Dying, you mean", Mason reiterated. "I don't fuck with dying. I prefer to set up the camera and the lights and leave. This is already way out of my comfort zone." If he was going to die young, it wouldn't be at the hands of some ghost.

It would, preferably, be after he finally made his stage debut and on a beach somewhere.

The two boys came across a dark haired girl, who was leaned over and pulling something out of the van. "Hey, gorgeous", Scott teased, only to receive a middle finger in return. Surprisingly, the brunette laughed. "This is Penny. Officially Penelope Fitzgerald, but she hates it when I call her that."