Prologue

Alone 

.

June 21st, 2001

(Camberley, England, UK.)

 In this small town in the middle of England, upon the first day of summer when you feel as if you opened a book yet instead of words to greet your eyes, the pages rendered a soft and warming light, there is a sweetness to the laughter of the children, one that has been rising upon the spring tide, yet now comes to full vibrancy in these brilliant rays.

The town is called Camberley, it was what a village becomes with no city planning and great enthusiasm for architecture. Every building was different, borrowing this and that from another era. It made the place as glorious as a beloved grandmother's quilt, ever patch unique and as eye-catching as the one before. In this town lived a small girl, a girl who is barely unnoticed. 

On this day, she was wearing a sundress. Its light skirt flowed out above her knees showing her toned legs. She was a beautiful child. Her hair was the color of almonds and was tied in plaits. It was decorated with little beads. Her shoes were not anything a kid would wear. They were slightly-heeled and extremely thin. Her bracelets matched her ivory skin perfectly, she was the only girl sitting on the bench while the other kids were playing tag. 

She wasn't doing anything except for watching them carefully, studying their every move, every action, and every word they shout even though her mother warned her and made her promise to play with them but Y/N wasn't interested, she didn't want to play with liars.

That girl with the short golden hair, Emma once told her that her dress was beautiful, but the truth is. It wasn't.

Billy, the six years old boy told everyone that Santa bought him a new bicycle, but that was not true, his father was the one who bought it.

The same thing goes with Make, Ryan, and Mitchy ...... they all told lies. 

"Hey," An unfamiliar male voice made the small girl's focus shift from the kids to the man who sat next to her on the bench, "Why aren't you playing with your friends?" He flashed a sweet smile as he looked down at her grey eyes. 

Little Y/N looked at the man carefully, he looked in his early thirties, he wore blue jeans and a plain black shirt, his coat placed on top of his right thigh, down on the floor next to him was a suitcase, Y/N wanted to ask but she remembers her mother's words about not talking to strangers, especially if they were men, though she knew that danger can come from both men and women Y/N didn't want to argue with her mother, she has scolded her many times about correcting adults. 

The little girl looked around, many people were around, it's safe. "They aren't my friends," Her sweet voice came out like a whisper making the man smile. 

He nodded, "I see," 

He didn't say anything else and just looked forward to the children who were busy shouting and running around. 

"You aren't going to saying anything?" Y/N asked, looking up at his side profile before he turned to face her again, his eyebrow slightly raised, obviously confused, "You know, Like why they aren't your friends or something like that?"