nine - "Uh, nothing?"

W I L L O W

W I L L O W

"The food at this school sucks" I complained to myself as I threw the fry I was holding back to my plate.

I was currently sitting alone at the cafeteria in school thinking about all the good food I had at my old school.

And of course, there was Sargent.

The thought of having to see Sargent every day made my blood boil and I mentally face palmed myself.

I hated how he thought that he was better than everyone and if that wasn't enough he thought that he owned everyone at school.

What was his problem?

And if Sargent wasn't enough I found out yesterday that I was beginning to have a friendship with a drug-dealing murderer.

It hadn't even been a week since I moved here and I'm already associating with psychopaths.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard the chair in front of me being moved and when I looked up I saw a girl smiling at me as she sat down.

She had black shoulder-length hair and her bright green eyes were observing me closely like I was gonna lash out on her for taking a seat.

"Hey I'm Ruby," she said as she reached out to shake my hand.

"I'm Willow" I replied with a smile while shaking her hand.

"I know, you're quite popular around here these days," she said with a wink.

"Oh is that so?"

"Yeah, since you were the first person ever to fight Sargent Hills back," she said her eyes widening a bit.

Damn, this Sargent guy must be so "special" I thought as I frowned slightly.

"Well, I think everyone should defend themselves when they're getting bullied and in other situations," I said, getting flashbacks of the time I was bullied.

"I agree, but he owns the school and well sometimes he gets away with the things he does," Ruby said looking sadly at the floor.

"Enough of the serious talk, there is a party tomorrow and you have to come" she continued her eyes shining with happiness now.

"Whose party is it?" I asked

"Well, uhm it's Sargent's traditional "bye bye summer" party " she said and I chuckled.

"Nope, not gonna happen I can't stand the guy"

"Come on Willow I literally have no one else to go with and well the guy I like will be there," Ruby said slightly blushing.

"Who's the guy?" I asked, smiling at how she was blushing just by mentioning him.

"His name is Cody and he's Sargent's best friend...and before you say anything bad he is nothing like Sargent" she defended him.