32. Naked

It's been a week and a half, and I noticed I could not stay away from Joey

It's been a week and a half, and I noticed I could not stay away from Joey. Some may say we've been spending too much time together, but not us. I've been spending my days texting him and wishing we were alone, then sneaking into his room at night. I've been falling asleep in his arms until he wakes me up to go back to my room. Thank God he wakes up earlier than I do. His presence makes me happy, and I didn't notice it until I found myself gazing at him, loving everything he does. I have to break myself away from staring at him, and he catches me sometimes.

He might not know how amazing of a person he was, but I did. In a week, I laughed more than I had in a long while. I kept seeing a side of Joey that I was sure no one else had. I even got the luxury to listen to his light snores as he fell asleep.

Even with the crazy amount of times we've had sex, I can't complain at all. I can't seem to get enough of this man.

I noticed my phone vibrating as Joey cuddled me; it was my Mom. I answered as he moved away for me to sit up. "Hey, mom."

While I waited for her to reply, Joey trailed his finger up my leg. I creased a smile on my lips, watching his every move.

"Hey, sweetheart! Gosh, I feel like I haven't seen my daughter in forever. You're not even in college anymore; come home." She whined, begging me to come home. I did miss her more than anything, and hearing her voice made it worse.

I breathed out. "Soon, Mom. I miss you so much. You have no idea."

"How are you? I haven't gotten any pictures lately of Florida." She said.

I cupped Joey's chin. "I meant to send them to you. I can't wait to tell you about all of the things I've been doing. Is work going okay?"

She breathed into the phone. "Don't remind me of work. I offered to pick up a shift tomorrow night that I'm dreading. I'm taking off for a few days when you come back home, dear." She kept repeating how much she missed me and hoped I came home sooner.

Out of curiosity, I asked, "Have you . . . been talking to Daniel?" I asked her about my "father." I hate leaving her knowing she's by herself.

"Actually, yes. He's been calling you—"

I cut her off. "You gave him my number?"

My Mom sighed. "Riley, just talking to someone is harmless. He just wants to apologize, okay?"

I guess Joey could hear my Mom through the phone because the look he gave me stuck. He arched his eyebrow while nodding his head. I have a problem forgiving people that have hurt me, and apparently, this is him trying to help. "Okay. I'll listen." I muttered, hoping I made the right decision.

I didn't realize what I'd said at first, and neither did my Mom. "I so expected you to fight me on this. You can continue hating him for all I care, but he can't stop talking about you. He's nervous and knows it's not going to be pretty." She assured me.