44.

Saving a beauty.

WHO is he trying to fool? "It really isn't" Zhu Mingli's tone was pleading "I happened to met her when I was walking down this street and she crossed over, your carriage almost collided into her if I didn't save her in time"

Did he just addressed himself as 'I' so humbly infront of him instead of using his given title? Yan Gen give him a strange glance. Why was he explaining to him? It's not like he's his girlfriend or wife. He won't do anything to him like slapping his face in public, although his hand has been itching to do that, he doesn't want it to get cut for impudently slapping a prince.

"A hero saving a beauty. What's wrong with that? You two must be fated to be together. You should thank me for creating such a romantic scene for you. Aye, this one should have seen you valiantly and handsomely rescue a beauty. It's such a pity--"

"Shut up" Zhu Mingli cut him off again. His eyes brewing in storm and his jaw clenched tightly. "Miss Li, you should go back now. It's not safe for you to be alone here" He didn't even glance at her when he said that.

He resumed his walk, of course, not forgetting to pull Yan Gen with him.

Hey, hey, this is the female lead. Your future wifey. Since you know that it's dangerous for her to be alone, you can't abandon her here. The two of you are meant to be together

After a long time of walking, Yan Gen couldn't hold it in anymore. At first he tried not to complain and curse in order not to upset an arrogant and tempered prince but his bottom line has been reached. With Zhu Mingli's long legs, a step is equal to Yan Gen's two steps.

"Zhu Mingli! Unhand me at once, you're dragging me in the street like a rag doll. My feet are getting numb, I'm tired"

Surprisingly, he stopped and Yan Gen almost collided on his back. Zhu Mingli turned back to him, eyes brightening in delight. Stunned, Yan Gen blanked. How can he changed face so quickly?

"Lan-er, it's good this way, you should call me by my given name. You shouldn't address me as 'your highness' in the future"

Like a child, he scrambled his way to curry favor with him. Kneeling down at the side of the street to massage his feet through his silk shoes, greatly frightening him. Where did you see a prince kneeling at a public space to massage a girl's feet? Yan Gen is so shocked he couldn't utter a single word, merely standing there like a frozen ice block.

"Lan-er... should we rest somewhere here or should I carry you?"

Zhu Mingli looked up at him. Yan Gen's eyebrow raised a bit, one was looking up and the other was looking down. He was quite satisfied with this arrangement.

Seeing the gloating in Zhilan's eyes, he can only helplessly smile. Being a slave to her isn't that bad, as long as he's making her happy. To be able to lower himself to this instinct without an ounce of unwillingness, if it was in the past, Zhu Mingli would have bang his head on a pillar before he believed it. What more, it is Wei Zhilan, a curse in the royal family.

"You should carry me on your back while walking around" His heart feels elated when she said that. He has been afraid that Zhilan doesn't want his touch anymore, always drawing a line between them and finding excuses to avoid him. He quietly turn his back on her, still in that lowered position.

Not expecting him to agree, Yan Gen was startled. He said it just to insult him, who knows that he was this head over heels to him now. Without hesitation, he climbed on Zhu Mingli's back. Knowing his own appetite, he shouldn't be too light, although his voluptuous figure is the same as before, eating and sleeping all the time must have gained him some weight to torture Zhu Mingli in carrying him on his back.

Don't blame this grandpa, you asked for this yourself. Hah. Do you think that I'm light weighted because of my hour-glass figure? You're wrong!

An hour passed and Yan Gen couldn't resist asking him "Am I too heavy for you?" It's rude to say a woman is heavy.

"Not at all" Very good! Look at that beads of sweat rolling on your forehead.

He fired another question "Are you tired?" Zhu Mingli shook his head and answered no. Such admiring endurance. A malicious smile flashed across Yan Gen's face and he made himself heavier.

"Lan-er, stop playing around" Zhu Mingli said in difficulty, as if holding his breath. There was a hint of danger in his voice that if he didn't stop, he'll surely face the consequence.

The two of them are totally in different wavelengths. Zhu Mingli is a martial art practitioner from the day he learned how to walk, moreover, he has an experiene in military doing heavy practices, to which Yan Gen is unaware. What he knows is that the male lead is smart and cunning but Zhu Deming is more talented when it comes to military prowess, therefore he came to a conclusion that his strength amounts to a certain degree, but of course, being the male lead that he is, he prevailed among the princes in the end.

To him, carrying Yan Gen is as easy as carrying a feather. The reason why he's sweating is totally different from Yan Gen's assumption. It's because his body is feeling hot all over, feeling that soft body pressing against his back, especially Zhilan's soft bossom. He shouldn't have agreed into carrying her. At this time, he was barely able to hold on his sanity, his mind keep drifting to the soft sensation on his back.

A clothing store was in sight and Zhu Mingli caught this opportunity to get her off his back, lest his demons took control of him again.

"Do you want to buy new clothes? I'll pay" Yan Gen who has a pile of pretty clothes in Wei estate was about to refuse, however hearing that he'll pay, he swallowed the words of refusal that he's about to pay. He never said 'no' when someone wanted to treat him and that has been his rule. Blessings and opportunities are hard to come by.

Why would he let off an opportunity to waste the male lead's money for his own vanity? He got off on Zhu Mingli's back. Noticing his crimson red face, even his ears and neck was dyed red. What the--? is this guy sick or is he thinking something inappropriate? He was fine a while ago so it must be the latter.

As a woman who has once been a man, he knows exactly what he's feeling. At the very least, he managed to hold it in, else he will brunt another one of his sexual frustration, which is quite nauseating to Yan Gen. Zhu Mingli seems to be more turn on when he struggled beneath him, it turns him into a beast.

Hence, Yan Gen hide his disgust to him, pretending not to notice. Better not to provoke him. He then entered the store where a few beautiful hanfus was on display in a wooden stand.

Votes and Comments are highly appreciated :)

©Editer