Chapter 15: What's Your Goal?

Akari didn't give up on the girl, continuing to look after (Y/n) from the shadows as Narahashi claimed her smiles for himself. The way she was dancing made him remember some time ago and he began to feel more attached to her. He tried to remind himself he wasn't supposed to include his feelings, but at the time, he couldn't help it and began to become progressively angrier.

Rei noticed, and understanding his emotional state, put his hand on his friend's shoulder, telling him he was equally frustrated by the male. This didn't help either of them feel better about the situation and their rage only continued to become pent up until Takuya had had enough and walked out on the floor.

"(Y-Y/n)!" he said nervously, his posture rigid, "Please let me dance with you?"

"Of course," she replied, "but...uh, do you mind if I dance a bit more with Narahashi? We were just talking about middle school and I'd hate to leave in the middle of our memories."

"Oh, um," Takuya said, letting himself slump again before replying emotionlessly, "Sure."

The boy frowned, walking over to the wall and sitting down as if it wasn't a party. There was some whispering about him, most of it poor gossip. Haru did the same, burying his head in his knees in despair, occasionally glancing up at the dancing couple. Not one of the boys was content, seeing them getting along so well.

Shota was the one doing the worst. His plan had failed, something that happened very rarely, and worst of all, he'd felt ignored. That was the biggest annoyance in his opinion and he felt even worse considering it had been done by both someone he felt attached to and someone he deemed an idiot.

He kept thinking up ideas that would get them away from one another as time went on. None of them were good enough for him and he decided to do something much different than his usual schemes. He dialed a number on his phone and began to walk away from the room to ensure no one could hear him.

"Understood," a voice replied, "It'll be completed in 15 minutes, tops."

"Try to restrain yourself," Shota scolded.

He closed his phone, shoving back in his pocket and leaning against the wall next to Akari. All he had to do was wait, but it seemed like the most difficult thing in the world to him. As hard as he tried to ignore it, he'd been rejected by her in favor of a distasteful, unrefined male. He felt a mixture of hurt pride, jealousy, and scorn running around and confusing his heart. Still, he stood strong, waiting for the chance to strike.

When it arrived, he let a smirk build upon his face, covering it with his right hand so no one could see his sickening expression. Phones began to light up across the room, confused owners joining them as they began to read the alert. He kept his eyes on the male, wondering when he was going to pick his phone up. As he reached for it, Shota felt a strange joy bubbling up in his chest.

Narahashi began to cry as he read the words on his screen and gripped his phone, almost to the point where he could break it. He wiped the tears from his cheek and focused a glare at Akari, stomping over to him. The boy merely looked up at him, an "innocent" smile crossing his features for he had also read the alert.

"Sorry," he chuckled, sticking out his tongue, "That sucks, doesn't it?"

Narahashi wasn't having any of it and grabbed Akari by his collar, pulling him up so he stood up though being slightly shorter than him, the blonde had to look up at the furious male. He gave him a challenging look, daring the blue-haired boy to do anything. To add to the effect, he grabbed Narahashi's hand that was gripping his shirt and laughed almost silently.

"You did this," Narahashi said, feeling more tears stream down with gravity, "You bastard..."

"Ah!" Akari laughed, placing a joyful expression back on, "I knew you weren't that nice guy you always pretend to be!"