Bonus: Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Nine Years Ago

"Santa baby, slip a sable under the tree for me
Been an awful good girl
Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight"

I sang softly along to the music playing over the speakers as I put ornaments on the Christmas tree. The lovely smell of the Douglas fir filled the air, which filled me with joy. The lights twinkled so beautifully-it was gorgeous. I heard the elevator doors slide open and I turned my head to see who it was there. Steve was standing there with a few presents under his arm. He was all bundled up and just looked adorable. That man can make anything look good.

"Santa baby, a 54 convertible too
Light blue
I'll wait up for you dear
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight"

"Hey doll. You look cozy." Steve says with a smile as he walks further into the room. He was right; I was cozy. Fuzzy socks, a red Christmas sweater, and nice warm sweatpants. Of course I can heat myself up, but it was winter in New York. I was going to wear cozy clothing. I took the presents from his hands and placed them under tree, fitting them in with the dozens and dozens of other presents. I had decided to set up the Christmas tree at the base while the others were out on a mission with Natasha.

"Thanks, Steve. I'll dress up on Christmas, but not now" I smile at him and lean up to kiss him softly. His hand moves to rest on the small of my back as he kisses back. Steve pulls away, smiling down at me.

"Think of all the fun I've missed
Think of all the fellas that I haven't kissed
Next year I could be just as good
If you'll check off my Christmas list"

"Do you need help?" He asks softly, motioning to the tree. I bite my lip as I look at the tree.

"From you? Of course." I say with a smile as I look back at him. His smile never leaves his face as he moves to carefully pull out a glass ornament out of the large red box. I continued to softly sing along as we put the ornaments on. A fire roared in the fireplace, stockings were hung over the mantle. It was warm and sweet.

"Santa baby, I wanna yacht
And really that's not a lot
Been an angel all year
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight"

"I didn't realize you and Tony were so....festive?" Steve asks as he carefully hangs a homemade snowman ornament that Tony made when he was drunk one time. I chuckle as I hang a red glass ball.

"December is a sore spot for us so we make it up with Christmas." I respond with a small smile as I continue to sing. Steve smiles.

"Santa honey, one little thing I really need
The deed
To a platinum mine
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight"

"Y'know, didn't think you were a Christmas song type of girl, Pey." He responds as he hangs a candy cane. I use my powers to float up and hang ornaments on higher branches.

"Santa cutie, and fill my stocking with a duplex
And checks
Sign your 'X' on the line
Santa cutie, and hurry down the chimney tonight"

"I love Christmas. It makes people less shitty." I tell him before smirking, "And besides red's my color and it gives me an excuse to wear more of it." Steve chuckles, shaking his head. I change the song by clicking a remote. My eyes widen slightly before I grab the remote, letting my worries slip away.

"I don't want a lot for Christmas. There is just one thing I need. I don't care about presents underneath the Christmas tree. I just want you for my own, more than you could ever know. Make my wish come trueeeeee, all I want for Christmaaaaas is yoooooooooou!" I sing along to the Mariah Carey classic while pointing at Steve. He stands there, trying not to laugh.